Eliveleth

BFD said:

Why I think prayers are vibes, Velta.

Then we are all on the same page then

Love you guys,

Gramma Velta

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The interview went really well. Actually, it wasn't an interview. It was a benchtest. They set me down in front of a computer case with all the components and screws sitting on the bench beside it and told me to get it to boot. They put a couple of obstacles in the way to see hoiw I could troubleshoot. I had it together, booted, and updated in forty-five minutes. Woohoo! I'm really happy with how I handled it.

• dinah
    dinah

Did they give you any idea if you have a shot at the job? Did they seem impressed? I got my fingers crossed for ya! I would pray for ya but the way I've been acting lately that might be more of a curse than a blessing. LOL

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Did they give you any idea if you have a shot at the job? Did they seem impressed? I got my fingers crossed for ya! I would pray for ya but the way I've been acting lately that might be more of a curse than a blessing. LOL

They did seem impressed. They are going to be calling me back this afternoon. I'll have to see what they say then.

The cool thing was they deliberately put in some obstacles in the CMOS and in the TCP/IP properties and other places that I wouldn't have been able to get around unless I understood how to troubleshoot computer problems. It was cool. I just kept that quotation of Teddy Roosevelt in the front of my mind and trusted that I could get by anything set before me. Edit: How have you been acting? I bet your prayers are as powerful as anyone else's.
  • dinah
    dinah

Sounds like you did wonderfully well! I don't know a TC from and IP or whatever that was. LOL.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

good... maybe they didnt notice your shirttail hanging out of your trouser's fly

I hope you get a call back with good news.

~Hill

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Well done!!

You've done your best and you know you were good - hold on to that thought whatever happens next

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

good... maybe they didnt notice your shirttail hanging out of your trouser's fly

I hope you get a call back with good news.

~Hill

Actually, that's the cool part. They did notice but since they're computer geeks too, it only made me fit in better.... Thanks for the encouragement.

Well done!!

You've done your best and you know you were good - hold on to that thought whatever happens next

Thank you for the good words. I'm sure I'll find something even if this falls through.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Here have some crumpet vibes to put in your back pocket!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Woohoo!!! You sure can't have too many Crumpet vibes.

I haven't heard from them yet, but the afternoon's not over with yet. They probably still have to check my references.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit