My wife is thinking AT LAST!!!!!

by tooktheredpill 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I never thought that it will take me less that 6 months to make her think by herself!! As many of you, I was scared to death to talk to her about it. I spent months "digesting" all the information I found about our beliefs, alone and depressed. Now (at least) I feel that I have my wife's support. And that's a relief!!!

Hi,

I just wanted to say "Well Done", my husband fed me fast at first and my defense mode went up and I blocked most of the info out, but slowly things started to sink in

and I was really listening. I am happy to say we have faded together, I could not imagine how things may have turned out if I was still hard core jw.

Best Wishes,

hope4others

• sacolton
    sacolton

I wish I could get my wife to think for herself. I think she feels she has too much to lose because all her family are in the bORG and if she leaves - her whole world would come crashing down. Maybe it's better for some to stay just because of family and the risk of what judgment will bring ... besides, if she did leave, she would need a tremendous counselling session to get her life back on track.

Heck, I was only a JW for 9 years and I still feel their mentality lurking in my head.

I did notice that after leaving (DA'd) that I started liking people more ... all people. As a JW, I always viewed worldly people with suspicion and that they were "evil". Not anymore. I really like everyone now!

It's all very complex.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

TTRP,

Congrats! I'm inspired by your "encouraging experience" and am planning on having a serious discussion with my wife regarding the latest generation change this weekend.

I saw your other thread about another family member (did you say sis-in-law? sorry, it slipped my mind). I think many times, we (at least I am) are afraid of what the reaction may be and automatically think the worst. However, as you've shown, letting people know at their own pace is the key to get folks thinking.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Thanks, Doubting Bro!

Try to have the Watchtower from February 15, 1927 at hand. It explains the "New light" almost exactly as thwy are explaining it now, 80 years later...

TTRP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit