Blood question

by civicsi00 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• cognac
    cognac

civics - I think you are referring to Mark chapter 2 at the end of the chapter.

Jesus also said that david broke the law by eating what was not lawful to eat and put David in a good light for doing it...

• still_in74
    still_in74

i shredded my blood card months ago.........

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

The reason I posted this topic was because of this:

I have a sister-in-law who just had a baby a couple of weeks ago. A couple of days after she had the baby, she was still in pain and it turns out that she has a tumor on her pancreas. The surgery is now set for next week. She is a Witness, but is not familiar with all of the complicated "you can have these fractions, but not these". But the interesting part was this: She mentioned just the other day that she was having blood drawn out to keep it stored, in case she needed it for the surgery. Well, my wife told her that the WT forbids that. She then said, "Well that's stupid, I'm not going to listen to them if they tell me that!". The whole point is, I'm trying to reach her and reason with her with the Bible that life is more precious than following some rule or law. I'm also trying to reason with her that the WT does not have all the answers, and we can't rely on it for our future. You guys have given me some valuable information. I'm going to talk to her about it soon. The timing hasn't been right so far. Her parents (my in-laws) are always with her, and they're loyal to the WT, so anything I say would just end up in a heated debate. I'm just waiting for the right time to approach her with this information.

Thanks again everyone...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit