No matter when Armageddon comes...

by VoidEater 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

...there's gonna be kids, people just on the way into the Troof, people just on the way out, a whole mish-mash of decisions and commitments and changing minds and innocents. A difference of 5 minutes will save some and daestroy others.

Just how does making Armageddon happen in one year versus 100 years versus 1000 years change anything? "So that all may come to know Jehovah"? Nonsense. Things will always be in flux, there will always be kids.

Wiping out Sodom and Gomorrah got me to thinking about that. OK, there was not one righteous man, and so Jehovah destroyed the entire populations, including all the kids. What about those kids?

But, the wise JW might say, Jehovah can resurrect the kids in the New Order.

But, I say:

1) He can do that right now - destroy the entire world and just resurrect the kids and those whose heart conditions are right. And:

2) What if the kids grow up and start sinning again?

Armageddon could have happened decades ago - why draw it out? The only difference is that we have a few more billion people.

And if we're all here just so that a few more billion people can come on the scene, then it only makes sense that Armageddon will NEVER come because there will ALWAYS be more people to come on the scene.

I know! What we really need is prophecy that tells us about how Armageddon will come when the Chamber of Guf empties! At least Jewish mysticism makes sense!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    “Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9

The Watchtower explains the Last Days have continued so long as Jehovah “desires all to attain to repentance.” If only active Jehovah’s Witnesses will be saved then this scripture does not make sense. Everyday on average over 200,000 people are born, but the number of active Jehovah’s Witnesses increases by only 224 (2005 daily increase in average publishers). Each day Armageddon delays requires Jehovah to destroy an extra 200,000 people. The billions slaughtered at Armageddon loose any hope of a resurrection, theirs is said to be an everlasting destruction.

“Yes, the destruction of the gross sinners in those cities was eternal, as will be the destruction of the wicked at the end of the present system of things.” Watchtower 1990 April 15 p.20
        It is all just senseless Watchtower propoganda.
    • bobld
      bobld

I agree with your assessment.Two scriptures get my goat,matt,7:13,14 and Luke,12:7 so why does god care more about two sparrows when billions of people are on the road to destruction.To me the bible that we have today is full of hypocrisy and contradiction.

• Abandoned
      Abandoned

Wow! Great comments. This always bothered me too...

...there's gonna be kids, people just on the way into the Troof, people just on the way out, a whole mish-mash of decisions and commitments and changing minds and innocents. A difference of 5 minutes will save some and daestroy others.

Even in my own life. Even when I was pioneering and studying all the time and informal witnessing out the ying yang, I still didn't feel that I merited life while all the people I encountered in my daily life merited death.

• PEC
      PEC

Crazy any it?

Philip

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit