Need help with MIL

by TweetieBird 13 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Ask them what Jesus would think about Disfellowshiping and subsquent shunning.

Ask them what Jesus would think about denying children adequate health care.

Ask them what Jesus would think about how he was crucified allegedly on a pole rather than a cross, and why that is more important than the message of the crucificition.

Ask them what Jesus would think about child predators in the cult.

Ask them what Jesus would think about Theocratic Warfare aka. lying to justify themselves.

Anything else?

• DT
    DT

It's kind of a hypothetical situation for me, but I might say something like this:

I have researched both sides of the pedophilia issue and come to the conclusion that if I remained a Jehovah's Witness, I would be responsible for supporting this abuse. Among other things, I have learned that known pedophiles can be appointed to positions of authority as long as it's only the elders that know about it. (This is in a BOE letter, I can look it up if anybody needs the info.) This is a personal, conscientious decision and it's up to you if you want to do the research or do anything about it.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Tweetie - I had a very similar conversation with my parents a couple days ago. I couldn't help snickering a couple times because I knew that no matter what I said, they would have a canned response. It really is frustrating. I guess this is why I was never good in the Field Misery - I'm not good at convincing people of things they dont want to know. These tips you guys are providing are helpful.

• Bourne
    Bourne

Here ya go. This should help......

Bourne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit