Voting

by jc1985 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jc1985
    jc1985

Im a new fader, and i plan to vote this election for the first time....anyone else planning on voting for Obama?

But what i dont know is how you vote in primaries, any experienced political junkies know how i can find out?

P.S. im in the Golden State

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

bttt

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Im a new fader, and i plan to vote this election for the first time....anyone else planning on voting for Obama?

But what i dont know is how you vote in primaries, any experienced political junkies know how i can find out?

The first thing I did-and this was even before my fade-was get a voter registration card. As for primaries, as an Indy I don't get a say in my home state. It is a closed primary state. I think primaries vary from state to state so the way it works in one mayb not be the same as another.

Congratulations on your newfound political voice,

Burn

• feenx
    feenx

I was considering voting as well, however the deadline has now passed in my state to register :/

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Start early with the registration process if you can. Sometimes they don't get you on the rolls and you have to do it again.

That happened with us - we thought we were registered for the elections two years ago - and couldn't. But now we are and will vote this time around.

Try this site for California:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections.htm

Welcome to the real world, huh?

Jeff

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Voting in primaries is just like voting regularly. In some states like South Carolina you have to register separately to vote in a primary. Most Super Tuesday States though will let you vote as long as your registered. Also you can vote when your a JW, it's just "frowned" upon. It is supposed to be your choice in the matter.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I just registered to vote. But Obama isn't running in Ireland, so no - I won't be voting for him. Don't much care who wins in the USA except that Hillary and Rudy seem truly evil.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'm voting for Hillary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit