2008;END OF WORLD?

by badboy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Some people think that, if there is noone to observe, things don't happen. Based on that, if everyone came to the belief that everything is an illusion, then the illusion would cease and the end would come ;-) Not that anyone would mind, in that scenario.

S

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

End of the world for religion in general as we know it.

2008 will be the start of Armageddon -- battle of the minds about God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0X8b-t-N2A

• OBVES
    OBVES

If you read my posts I came up with the date 2011 AD and I can link it with the year 2012 AD.

It's is very interesting that you heard about the spring 2009 AD as from that time there is a period of 3.5 years that is a known period from the Bible.Then we have spring 2009 AD + 3.5 years = fall 2012 AD. On this one merit I would put some reliance on the spring 2009 AD.

If I go by the timeline as I have presented many times on the internet:

I came up with the year 2009 AD ( fall ) .

106 AD - 70 AD - 36 AD - 33 AD - 29 AD - 11 AD

1914 AD - 1950 AD - 1984 AD - 1988 AD - 1991 AD - 2009 AD

This would be a better explanation for setting up the date 2009 AD.

There is a preacher Ron Weinland who wrote the book " 2008 .God's Final Witness " in which he is predicting the year 2008 AD as pivotal and the great tribulation is to begin this fall 2008 AD.He puts his credibility on line claiming he is the last prophet of God of Abraham and God will give him greater power than He gave to Moses as he claims he is one of the two witnesses of Revelation 11.1-10.The demise of the USA is for this fall .If the USA doesn't collapse this year in the fall she will collapse finally half year later.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I can agree with Mickey Mouse on the chronology speculation fed to Gilead students. In 2004-5, a Gilead student told us that one instructor mentioned the chronology of 1975 + 30 years = 2005. As I recall, the 30 years was based on:

it-1p.15Abel*** Since Seth was evidently born shortly after Abel’s death and when Adam was 130 years of age, it is possible that Abel may have been as much as 100 years old at the time of his martyrdom.

Based on that Insight quote, the speculation was that 30 years transpired from the creation of Adam to the end of the 6th creative day. Thus the 7th rest day of 7,000 years would end in 2005. Of course it wasn't published, since it was RUBBISH!

Back to the question: Will 2008 be the end of the world? Duh, THE WORLD ALREADY ENDED INVISIBLY IN 1984. We merely exist as a post-armageddon figment of Jehober's material experimental imagination. So, lots of things will get worse this year and many people will end, but the world won't end.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I think (from personal experience) that my philosophy about end of life and the end of humanity or the end of the universe are different now. I think when one cannot find any reasons at all to be happy, any reasons to continue life, or any reasons to interact, then life is over and that is the end of that person's world. I don't think of cataclysmic events, or apocalypses, or all out global wars.

I stopped that type of thinking because it drives one mad, ends up being fruitless and causes sueprstitious behavior. So, I realize when all activity in the brain and heart have stopped, then, that is the end for me. I am close, I can't say it will be 2008, it was almost 2007. But, I think I have a few years left to go.

It's a tough debate.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I thought that was supposed to be in 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, 1975, 2006, and 2007. It never showed up then; I think it will not show up in 2008 either.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I predict the end will be sometime in the future. In fact I predict that in the next 24 hours I will have a bowel movement

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I attempted to put in a shameless History Channel plug (no, I don't work for them) of their special called, "Life After People". It's likely that people will end before the world does.

~L
    As long as I'm alive, I will live.

• IMHO
    IMHO

Planet X is due to arrive in 2009 and return closer still on its ellipitical orbit in 2012?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Im in....if theres' gonna be a 'rapture' let me know........I'd hate to be drivin' and cause a wreck.

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit