Request: March 1st 2008 WT

by mavie 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

If anyone has this in pdf format it would be greatly appreciated.

• yknot
    yknot

PMd you

• fokyc
  • daniel-p
    daniel-p

What the heck is up with that front cover? That looks like the hardest possible way to impale Jesus. Didn't they affix the victim to the pole while it lay on the ground, and then hoist it in the air with the person attached?

• oompa
    oompa
    dan: What the heck is up with that front cover? That looks like the hardest possible way to impale Jesus. Didn't they affix the victim to the pole while it lay on the ground, and then hoist it in the air with the person attached?

Perspective.........I am pretty sure Jesus is shown here dead, and is being lowered down from the cross...err pole...........oompa

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Perspective.........I am pretty sure Jesus is shown here dead, and is being lowered down from the cross...err pole...........oompa

Ah, that makes sense. I guess that's what the obviously angry-looking clouds indicate in the background.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you, fokyc, for this and the other scans.

To think I went from having boxes full of unplaced magazines in my closet to scrounging around for a scanned copy...new light, I guess.

Your work is appreciated.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I just had a thought. We have all been focused on the members only edition and its study articles. Has anybody peeped what kind of message they are presenting to the public?

As most of us here know dubs don't really read the mags beyond the cover or first page. That would be another way to sneak in changes to doctrine or concepts and no one would realize.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    I just had a thought. We have all been focused on the members only edition and its study articles. Has anybody peeped what kind of message they are presenting to the public?

As most of us here know dubs don't really read the mags beyond the cover or first page. That would be another way to sneak in changes to doctrine or concepts and no one would realize.

I just got done perusing the March 08 public WT and it really just sounds like the old WTs without the study articles. I couldn't detect any substantial change in tone or use of other phrases.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The Study Edition of the WT isn't uber cultic either. Heck they're allowing anyone to download it as audio files so I'm really expecting the "Kool-Aid" edition to stay watered down. I don't think this change was so much about control as for just the bottom line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit