Will there ever be a leadership coup at Watchtower headquarters?

by Must obey! 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

I doubt it very much, at least not in the foreseeable future. But what are your thoughts? Could you ever see it happening and under what circumstances & when? The only way I could see it happening is if the Society keeps getting majorly hauled through the mud in the media, perhaps through some really shocking future scandal and escalation of the paedophile & blood issues, and the GB simply refuses to budge on their interpretations.

Does the potential exist for a legal coup because the legal powers and leadership powers of the senior men at WBTS were separated a few years ago?

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

From looking at the WTS history, I'd say that they've had a few, but the wrong team always wins.

• yknot
    yknot

I think it far more plausible that the legal department will reason with the remaining GB once Ted is dead and no longer the Alpha. Why coup when you can woo?

But it would be highly entertaining if the corporation ditched the leaders of the organization!

• moshe
    moshe

I wonder how the WT power structure operates today - we have The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, a Watchtower entitity in Brooklyn, one in Patterson and I believe they still have a Corp entitiy in Pensylvania. I wonder in the GB has lost it's power to some legal entity.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

In the foreseeable future, I seriously doubt it. Even with the hardliners getting very up in years(Ted Jaracz), lieutenants are being trained to carry on and succession plans are already worked out. I really think it might take another decade or two before we might see some real reforms...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I used to think so, especially when the new GB's started. The problem is you have too many 'brothers who are waiting for their time to be take the lead.

You see Senority rules at Bethel. The more time you have the more privledges you get. So you have cats who are just biding their time. Even if these brothers do have some idea's for an organizational reform, after being a part of the flawed system for so long they will lose whatever idea's they had.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

extremely unlikely

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Not likely. It would probably involve Watchtower magazines and lots of coffee to stay up all night.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Although an extreme media blitz would cause alot of the rank and file to fall away, but the GB would hold on. They have nothing else. They have a following, whether large or small that's willing to provide them with food and shelter. What else could anyone ask for?

• flipper
    flipper

MUST OBEY- I talked on the phone with someone who had got out of Bethel . This individual told me to bring the Watchtower down it is going to have to be someone with lots of money , and has a legitimate ax to grind with proof of child abuse years before , or some other legal abuse they suffered . But enough money this person would have to have to keep it in the courts so it got notoriety. Also , more " big fish " have to start leaving Bethel who are willing to talk about the injustices they have seen and endured . Either get it recorded on audio or video and report it to the media . Something like this would gradually bring more cracks to the Bad ship Watchtower. It will take time, be patient, but in time this organization will eventually come down. But a leadership coup ? Not in the near foreseeable future

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit