Happiness and the minds of JW's

by megaflower 8 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

If God is termed "the happy God" and He truly wants people to be happy, even in the present sense, then why are so many Witnesses unhappy, miserable deep down inside, popping who knows what kind of prescription pills, and even driven to the point of suicide? Can Witnesses ever truly measure up? We've been told: "the new system will take care of everything"; "don't get an education in the world"; "don't save for retirement". It seems that the Watch Tower Society is more than quick to take your money but when you become old, penniless, and destitute, do you think the Society will ever come to your aid if you're just a "regular" publisher? I think care is only reserved for circuit/district overseers. It's no wonder, whatever is handed down from the great Society is enough to make one's head spin !

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you continue on your journey, you might find that God is just like the bible and the wactower society.

Man made inventions.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Some jws are just happy to keep up appearances.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

JWs are so unhappy for several reasons.

#1 - the intelligent JWs who have disovered that it is not "the truth", but who have strong social ties, including family and friends - are unhappy because it is difficult to leave even though they are living a lie.

#2 - unintelligent JWs who are ambitious, are unhappy because their labor in service to the lord (aka the WT) is never enough

#3 - kind and loving JWs are unhappy because the practices of the WT are not very kind and loving.

#4 - JWs who believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ are unhappy because the WT puts more emphasis on the war-like God of the Old Testament than on progressive Christian teachings.

#5 - JWs who have lost faith in the bible and have come to realize that the evidence points to evolution as opposed to creation are unhappy because everything they have been taught regarding God and a happy future appears to be a fantasy

#6 JWs are unhappy because their religion does not really have God's holy spirt.

#7 JWs are unhappy because very very few of them REALLY believe that it is the truth

#8 JWs are unhappy because they are ashamed of the things that they teach

#9 JWs are unhappy because deep down they feel bloodguilt for standing idly by as many of their innocent children have lost their lives due to vascilating policies on blood.

#10 JWs are unhappy because they are raised in a judgemental culture, where a primitive competive spirit is cultivated, and where a false sense of concern veils a vindictive and sadistic atmosphere. Punishment and knocking another human down a notch seems to be a source of pleasure for aggressive elders.

Those are a few reasons that spring to mind off the top of my head.... HOWEVER...there is GREAT REASON FOR HAPPINESS AND OPTIMISM - IF YOU HAVE HAD YOUR AWAKENING and you truly...TRULY... can honestly come to grips with reality.

PS: a great show on happiness on 20/20 tonight. I hope most of you saw it!! Happiness is a wonderful wonderful thing!! We ALL deserve to be happy!!

Peace to all,

The Oracle

• flipper
    flipper

MEGAFLOWER- I agree with what ORACLE and others said. I might also add that Jehovah's Witnesses are unhappy because they are trapped under, " cult mind control" and don't know it. So some of them don't even have the clear thinking ability to determine why they are unhappy- because everything they are given to believe is spoon fed to them from the governing body ! But if someone from the outside or otherwise can help them to see the real " truth " about the truth and can get them to think " outside the witness box" so to speak- then real progress can be made to free them from this unhappiness ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Layla33
    Layla33

The Oracle, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Many of them are aware of more than a few teachings of the JW that makes absolutely no sense, but they stand by it overall because of "Jehovah"? They are indoctrinated that even when confirmed that Jehovah (name is false) is an invention in itself, they stand by it because of tradition.

It's an assocation that is controls every aspect of their life, for many it is much easier to stay "wait on Jehovah" (this concept of passivity and mind control still boggles my mind) than to break free and start fresh and new.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

JW's are unhappy because they cannot lie, but are told that it's ok for someone else to lie on their behalf. That is clearly false teaching.

JW's are unhappy because every day they hope for a new beginning and it never comes. Imagine waiting (at 50 years old) 18,250 times. If that doesn't kill your hopes, you are truly a zombie.

• changeling
    changeling

Well said.

changreing

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witlesses are supposed to look and act happy. If they are happy, they need to be doing ever more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit