Methods for Unlocking Cult Mind Control in Witnesses- By Steve Hassan

by flipper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Bookmarking for later post.... i just finished the book...all i can say in a short post is..wow.....

Snakes ()

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I have mentioned many times that I would always like to get closer to God, and especially Jesus, and also get to know my associate, but so much gets in the way with him.

I have said to him about too many things getting in the way, and yesterdays events just made it that much harder.

The good news is that I do know the difference between religion and faith. I am happy with my existence, I am feeling fulfilled as I learn more, but my association with people in this and many other orgs makes me quite sick at the endless double standards these people are taught.

My mom always reminded me that is important to forgive these transgressions. She was a wise old bird and someday I will be able to let that advice sink in. Bill.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thanks for the Cliff's Notes Mr Flipper. I just want to add that my husband used Hassan's information to get me out of the WT. It did not feel like an intervention. In fact it was subtle enough so it felt quite like I discovered things all on my own. :) He started in on a Saturday when we were out at the farmer's market, having a casual conversation, and by the following Thursday night I had a copy of Crisis of Conscience in my hot little soon-to-be-apostate hands. LMAO!

• flipper
    flipper

WORLD TRAVELLER- After reading the post of the poster after you BOTHEYESOPEN- I would suggest following his advice to you, really follow it. Great advice ! It is incredible that your former friend would expect you to lie for him. Shows you how manipulative many witnesses are !

BOTHEYESOPEN- Very good post on your part and excellent points you make ! I will definitely write down some of your advice for me and ways of communicating to my daughters. No, I haven't talked to them yet- but I can assure you your suggestions will be used. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row and my thoughts organized before I try this with my daughters. I want to be thoroughly ready when I attempt this with them. Excellent , excellent post ! I look forward to many more posts from you. You definitely have the right stuff ! Keep coming back, please !

SNAKES- All I can say after getting close to finishing this book myself like you is, " Wow" ! as well

• flipper
    flipper

ODRADE- That is incredible your husband got you out so fast from the witnesses using Steve Hassan's methods . Thanks for sharing that . It gives me hope for getting my daughters 20 and 19 out as well. I talked with my son almost 23 who is a fader like me, and we are going to work together on this to get my older daughter out first as she is the easiest to talk with. Younger daughter is stubborn as a mule. Wish me luck ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this thread up if anyone has comments on " cult mind control" and questions or thoughts about the methods to use ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• V
    V

Check out the flip-side. Identifying cult traits of JWs with Hassan's info using quotes from JW publications:

Questioning the Cult - 8 questions for JWs

• flipper
    flipper

Very good information V ! Very typical of a cult mind control group is the Jehovah's Witnesses way of sidestepping important questions a person needs answered honestly before joining the cult. But- they won't get honest answers. peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Hello gang ! Just wanted to bump this up because some of you might want to use this information in reasoning with your family - that and this thread is getting near 21 posts - so I'd love to see it catch fire ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I'll help you set this thing on fire.

I've said it before and I say it again, you did a wonderful job summarizing this information. I hope I can find someone to help with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit