Brother and Sister Marry Each Other Unknowingly--

by YoursChelbie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Too bad good ol' Ben didn't tell Luke soon enough about his sister to prevent them smooching each other. Yuck! lol

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Too bad good ol' Ben didn't tell Luke soon enough about his sister to prevent them smooching each other. Yuck! lol

Ha! I remember reading something fairly recently about why the thought of "kissing your sister" is so gross, maybe somebody linked to it on this forum, I can't remember. I guess there's been some research into this, and it has shown that the level of revulsion that people experience in regards to the thought of being sexual with their siblings correlates with how much time they spent in each other's proximity as young children. Apparently there's something about being around somebody when you're young that prevents them from ever having real sexual attraction to you when your'e older.

So I can sympathize with these two. They were never around each other as kids. And when somebody strikes your hot button, it's hard to turn it off!

• Numinous
    Numinous

Junction Guy had a great point. The more I read, the more likely it seems that anything is possible. If the couple stays together they would be dfed for sex with a sibling, if they divorce, it's unscriptural ... or IS it? It couldn't possibly be unscriptural if they are divorcing for scriptural reasons. Would they be reproved even though they committed incest unknowingly? Would they be free to marry? This is a great topic starter.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I just think of my brother and I throw up just a little in my mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit