Are Witnesses really persecuted?

by Robert7 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Are Witnesses really persecuted?

Definitely. They actively preach that everyone but them is going to be destroyed by God. Of course they're persecuted, it's only right.

• tula
    tula

They are persecuted because they set themselves up for it.

They do not understand manners or boundaries.

It's just rude to knock on a strangers door at any time and expect them to drop what they are doing and listen to a JW spout off.

They are NOT persecuted in the way the scriptures indicate that one would be "persecuted for righteousness sake."

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

The fact that they are uneducated, poor, and lacking intelligent thought is of their own doing, so in the 21st century, I would say a resounding no!

• Bryan
    Bryan

The new January 15th Watchower (for dubs only) states:

"Anointed Christians have met and will continue to meet severe opposition from Satan's world."

Okay, so the 8,000 anoionted Brothers & Sisters are being severly oppresses... where and how?!

Delussionus Persecutus Complexus

Give me a break.

Can any Witnesses here tell me the last time he heard of an anointed person meeting SEVERE OPPOSITION?

Bryan

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Can any Witnesses here tell me the last time he heard of an anointed person meeting SEVERE OPPOSITION?

Since they're granted religious freedom in most countries, their worst opposition now comes from evil apostates !

We pick on Ted Jaracz a lot on this board. And I don't feel a bit sorry for the bastard.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, they are persecuted. They have to go to the Kingdumb Hell so many times a week, sit still for hours at a time, and then go out in field circus instead of having any fun or creating any value. They have to go to those wastefests that eat up whole weekends, and then some. They are ordered not to go to college. They are threatened with getting hounded all the time if they don't do ever more.

By the world? Only when they keep pushing people past their breaking point in order to recruit them. When they get it, it's because they don't know when to fxxxing stop.

• moshe
    moshe

When you wear a "kick me" sign on your arse, then you have to expect to get the boot!

alt

• Elysian
    Elysian

excerpts from Wikipedia

"Catholic priests in Poland that were opposed to the Nazis were taken to the concentration camps; about 3,000 catholic priests were murdered in the liquidation of the Polish intelligentsia." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

"Freemasons were sent to concentration camps as political prisoners, and forced to wear an inverted red triangle.[73] It is estimated that between 80,000 and 200,000 were killed" Freemasons

Same page this: "Between 1939 and 1941, 80,000 to 100,000 mentally ill adults in institutions were killed; 5,000 children in institutions" ibid.

"Between 5,000 and 15,000 gay men of German nationality are estimated to have died in concentration camps." ibid.

In fact, why not copy the whole table

VictimsKilledSource
    Soviet POWs2–3 million[38]
    Politicals1–1.5 million [citation needed]
    Serbs600,000[39]
    Poles200,000+ [40][41]
    Roma220,000–500,000[42]
    Freemasons80,000–200,000[43]
    Disabled75,000–250,000 [citation needed]
    Spanish POWs7,000–16,000[44]
    Jehovah's
    Witnesses
    2,500–5,000[45]

IF numbers are to go by .....that is what you get, which is rather sad to even use that as the basis of any argument of being "God's chosen ones".

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yeah, they're persecuted. In their own heads.

Cog

• Honesty
    Honesty

The JW's are persecuted by a publishing company whose literature condemns the Christian Church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit