JW`s and the "NAME"Jehovah

by smiddy 2 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

When the "Aid to bible understanding"first came out their was a lot written as to why jw`s settled on the name jehovah.I found it curious,they leant heavily on the acceptance of biblical scholars common usage of the name".It was the most widely accepted form in common use by christendom".On the one hand they claim christendom is the anti-christ,the whole world outside jw`s is under the control of satan the devil,and yet they quote these sources to back up their use of jehovah in spite of the fact,the same "Aid" book admitted that Yaweh was more nearer the correct pronunciation.At the time I thought that was curious.Also that first printing of the "Aid" book had no reference to "Elders"and yet it was only a few months later that the elder arrangement came into force.Divine inspiration ? I dont think so!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Wactoer Society is just like the bible, a work of man.

• dawg
    dawg

These folks are quacks, thats all! They aren't scholars, they don't have degrees, but their real coup d'eatat, that they have the spirit of god whispering in their ear, that's their biggest lie...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit