Pounding through my head

by freeme 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• freeme
    freeme

Hi friends!

Mentally im out of the org, but stay in it because of family, friends and wife. Most of the time im pretty happy, until i remember that this wont last forever. When i remember i cant live this lie forever. When my conscience tells me to do something. Regardless what happends to me and my future life i have to be honest to myself. When i remember all this i can feel pretty helpless and down.

I put this song on loop and feel better:

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Im aware of the fact that this song and the phrase "Losing My Religion" actually isnt about religion at all, but the lyrics just fit perfectly (the fear, all the stuff i found out but noone listens but judges me, my distancing wife, everything). Love it.
    Just wanted to share with all of you. I know im not new with this ;) I just wanted to share, maybe someone needs it right now.

http://www.lyrics007.com/R.E.M.%20Lyrics/Losing%20My%20Religion%20Lyrics.html

Much love to all of You! I think of all of you who may have the same problems atm. The knowledge of others going through the same horror saved my life one day in 2006, when everything crashed down on me while attending an assembly - noone who doesnt experienced it can imagine how it feels. I wont give up now. Thanks.

freeme

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Freeme: I sent you a PM.

Have a nice day!

TTRP

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

OK, maybe "losing my religion" is a scripture taken out of context...but it works for me, too!

• changeling
    changeling

((((((((((((freeme))))))))))))))

changeling

• cluless
    cluless

Try "Talking Heads" The Name of This Band is Talking Heads".

Otherwise a quite place of contemplation and listern to "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd."

Otherwise find books so many books . FUCK the scripture in the bible that says" the reading of books is wearsome to the flesh"

Your mind needs AIR.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Woohoo!

That's one of the CDs I have in my car right now.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

I personally like "Well Enough Alone" by Chevelle. It's my style of music, it's poetic, and it somehow hits home to me when I think of my situation. I especially enjoy the second verse;

"So fed up, what's with the scenes?
    Observe and leave instead
    This pity wagon penetrates my skin
    So sensitive, makes me sick"

Then, of course, the main chorus;

Like before, makes no sense
    Never coming, always leaving
    Right before, hooked on substance
    Digging deeper, can't reveal
    Why we leave well enough alone"

I don't know what the song was really written about but I feel like it describes my feelings about the "truth", the org, and everything I've experienced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit