Were You Also Molested by Tom Pulsipher?

by feenx 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• feenx
    feenx

Greetings all :)

A little background on my question: I recently was contaced by a cousin of mine who lives out of state because he wanted to apologize to me for anything he may have done that was unkind to me when we were kids (he's a couple years older). He also elluded to "images" in his head (what I'm going refer to as memories) of doing terrible things to me. This is the closest that any of my cousins have come to remembering or acknowledging the abuse we all sustained from our grandfather, Thomas (Tom) Pulsipher. As any fellow survivors know, knowing and talking to someone else who has also been abused can be very helpful, for both parties. I would think this would be even more helpful talking to someone who has been abused by the same person. I tried unsuccessfully to contact my cousin again to talk further.

SO the thought dawned on me that perhaps others that he's abused could be on this board. I highly doubt he's restricted his abuse practices to just his family. He remains an Elder, and currently lives in Ohio. He's also lived in MN, and for a long time he lived here in Colorado. In Colorado he was in the Brentwood and Wheat Ridge congregations. He also was in Castle Rock for a while.

If there is anyone else who has been abused by him I'd be interested in corresponding. And even if not, I would at least just like to know that yes there have been others, for my personal information. And if there's anyone else out there who is ready to speak out, I am in the midst of writing a book about my experiences, and you would be more than welcome to share yours as well.

There have been elders meetings about his practices so anyone else that comes foreward would not be looked at in disbelief.

I apologize to all if this comes across as a crazy post, but I am very curious and thought what better way to reach out to others that share my experience than on the JWD forum. :)

• Gringa
    Gringa

Oh God, what years was he at the Brentwood congregation?

What a small world this is.

• feenx
    feenx

Man he was at Brentwood for a while. I'm not sure when he started going there, but it would at least be from like 83-93 approx. He switched to Wheat Ridge after my family cut off contact with him, which was when I was around 10. That was the first hall I remember him going to, and I was born in 81. So possibly even from before 81 until around 1991-1993.

• feenx
    feenx

Actually, I think he left Brentwood because that's when they moved to MN, and then when they moved back here to Colorado that's when he started Wheat Ridge, but that time frame should still be pretty close.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Ok, well, nope. A brother molested my brother but it would have been in the neighborhood of 1976 ish - plus or minus a few years. We went to Brentwood.

Are you from the Brentwood congregation?

• feenx
    feenx

Well like I said, that's my earliest memory of his congregation. I dont know how long he'd been in Brentwood, it is possible that he was there in 1976. I could ask my mother...

No actually when I was born my parents were in Westwood, then we went to Green Mountain and then finally Bear Valley which is where I was up until I was DF'd.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Too funny. I am going to pm you. I hope it is ok.

• feenx
    feenx

Sure, always up for a PM :)

• Gringa
    Gringa

OK - thanks. I sent it - check your inbox under your name

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit