Married to a brother or sister (semantics?)

by carla 6 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

No offense to the lady who posted and I hope she finds the real truth about the jw's and her husband comes with her at the same time. Now that that is out of the way, is it just me and not having the mentality of a jw but I find it kind of, well, just icky thinking of spouses refering to each other as brother and sister. I'm sure it is just my worldly thinking here. I know Christians who talk of oneness and that I can relate to, just not the brother/sister thing. I remember one male poster who had some difficulties relating to his wife as a wife (if you catch my drift) because she had always been sister so & so.

Note to lady who did post about being married to a brother- forgive me if this offends you at all, I'm not and never have been a jw. My husband joined up a few years back.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

No offense either, but who knows carla, maybe it "helps" some of them... Ewwwwwwwww!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Being raised in the bOrg I looked at the brother/sister thing as titles similar to Mr or Mrs or Miss. It was just something that identified someone as being a jw. I never look at it as being related to everyone I called brother or sister and any male/female relationship as being somewhat incestuous. But that's just me.

Josie

• kls*
    kls*

Carla, i can't stop laughing And no offense to anyone but i never thought of it that way, but will now.......lmao

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

My mother called me not long ago:

Mom: "I miss my brother..."

Me: "I thought you had only one sister, Aunt Frances"

Mom: "I mean you, my brother" (of course I knew what she meant)

Me: "I don't know about a 'brother', but I do know that I'm your son, and I'm right here..."

Mom: ....

At that point she decided to talk about the weather.

• kls*
    kls*

Good one Mastodon, now the tears are flowing..........rotflmao ....oh owe

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I never thought of it as that way either. I felt the same way that mrs jones did.

LOL at Mastodon! That's great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit