they left words out of NWT ....

by grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

they left the words "of me" completly out of john 14:15 please verify .................................... i have more ......

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

sorry John 14:14

• Shazard
    Shazard

But ofcourse! You can't say that Jesus have to be prayed to! Also what about John 1:18 I have no NWT, so check it out!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

As usual, this reflects manuscript evidence and is not a mere oversight. In Greek, the pronoun is missing in P 66 [aleph] B W D [theta]. These constitute pretty strong support for excluding the pronoun from the translation (cf. YLT, WNT, Darby, and other translations, which omit it like the NWT), but others elect to retain it on the basis of other MSS. There may have been a motive in removing the pronoun in the wording of 16:25, which could be read to have some tension with what is said in 14:14.

• bite me
    bite me

Where do you get your knowledge?

You are always so informative.

• bite me
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Leolaia is just awesome

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I've just got a good library, that's all. ;)

BTW, I had trouble last night formatting the ampersand codes for Greek and Hebrew characters. It worked last month but the thread we tested them out has disappeared from the forum. I wonder if the forum now excludes these characters, or if I didn't post them in quite the same way as I did last month.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

In that particular case the NWT choice is acceptable on the common grounds of textual criticism, but it poses a consistency problem inasmuch as the NWT claims to follow the textual choices of the Westcott & Hort edition... which includes the words the NWT leaves out -- which, ironically, is plain for everyone to see in the Kingdom Interlinear Translation (KIT).

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

This is all based on the Witchtower's claim that one cannot pray or call on Jesus as your savior. 1Cor 12: 9 -12

Paul asked "the Lord " to take away his infirmity. The "lord replied" I am being made strong in weakness" Who exactly was Paul praying to in this passage?

"My Power " is obviously Jesus. Yet according to WT one cannot make a request to Jesus.

They do the same crap with the death of Stephen. Early Christians did entrust their soul to Jesus at death.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit