is it ok if jehovah's wit...........

by grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

They alter scripture to prove their beliefs / for spiritual warfare, that is why you have to use their bible. I don't know how clued up the rank and file are on this practise but I sure as hell didn't know. It was only until I started reading different versions, getting the greek bible and so on....

• whyizit
    whyizit

I think the the most important thing is that the MEANING is not changed. Different words can mean the same exact thing. Using even one word that very subtly changes the entire meaning of what is being said, that is corrupt.

John 14:14 is a good exapmle of that in the NWT. If they check it out in their KIT, it is quite obvious that the NWT is NOT a better translation than any other translation.

There are numerous other examples, but that is the first one that comes to my mind.

• whyizit
    whyizit

OOPs! I hit the worng key!

Anyway, I think that the people who KNOW that they screwed with the meaning are cursed. Which is only fair. Look how many lives they've messed with!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    they have left complete words out even though it appears in the greek manuscript

They aren't unique in doing this. Some of the major Bible translations have done quite a bit of editing too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit