Hypnotherapy, Anyone?

by Princess Daisy Boo 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Has anyone been to see a hypnotherapist to deal with issues or bad habits? What did you go for and what was it like - And are you any better as a result?

I have been reading up on hypnotherapy for weight loss and I am curious!

• vitty
    vitty

I tried it............it didnt work. Maybe it was the therapist or maybe it was me.

I did get a tape that you need to play over and over again..............it has subliminal messages on it. That didnt seem to work either. I just want to loose 10lb but cant I ? nope

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

HEY!! I got that tape too to play in bed and make me thin! Ive only been doing it 3 days and im not thin yet. DAMN.

But I did think the book was excellent and not all demon witch doctor stuff I thought it would be (old JW programming). I think hypnotism is the wrong word, to me it just seems to be re-programming your brain to work in a different way, by suggesting stuff to it. I know a woman who used it successfully to stop smoking.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I tried 2 hypnotherapists. I wanted them to help me get at the roots of my depression. Didn't work. I tried a confidence builder hypno cd by paul scheele. It helped.

S

• poppers
    poppers

I have a friend who used it to stop smoking and it worked.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I have had friends that found hypnotherapy helpful for behavior/habit issues, like eating, drinking, smoking.

I have not seen hypnotherapy alone work well for deeper emotional situations (e.g., depression, core beliefs, self esteem) over the long term - but as an adjunct to a wider therapeutic program, it's been ok.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

This is what I found out about hypnosis whether you do it to yourself or have someone do it to you.

You never get rid of the garbage in your head, you just cover it with good mental protein.

You shouldnt try to program yourself not to do something or not to eat something.

You need to program good behaviors and habbits to take the place of the old habbits.

If you say your not going to eat fried chicken any more, you will probably end up really craving fried chicken.

To be effective you would want to say I eat these healthy foods--------

I crave these healthy foods------------

I exercise by running on the treadmill/ stepper an hour a day.

I weigh x lbs. My waist is size x.

For long life program yourself or have your hypnotist program you to stay out of the way of moving objects.

Good things in life are a battle, you have to want them more than the opposite.

And since In Amerika we have been raised and programed to be good consumers, if you want to take your life back, you have to want your life more than Madison Ave in New York wants your life.

Which will require a lot of positve attention and more time away from the boob tube than in front of it. And away from however Madison Ave enters the windows of your mind to make you the person that they want you to be and you dont want to be.

They spend a lot of money to make you fat and in debt and unhappy because you cant catch the carrot that they are dangling in front of your nose.

Thats what hypnotherapy is about.

You spent years being brain washed praying for Jehobers Kingdom and will.

Now your trying to make up for lost time and make some high speed injections of wisdom, knowledge, and power to cover all the nonsense you programed yourself with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit