A first for me today--I voted!

by onesong 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

And....according to that WT., you can vote too.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Congrats I to will be a first time voter this year

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

GOOD JOB onesong!! I have been voting now for 10 years, even while in the org. I did it! I qut listening to their crap and got involved if my money was goijng to be spent, then I wanted a voice in it!!!

NMG

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Me too. Indiana's Primary election isn't for a bit yet - but I will find the polling place that day for the first time.

And this damned discussion board has even begun to make me think far more liberally - I may register as a DEM and vote for Obama.

My dad is a long time Dem, and if I go over, it will ruin our regular political tusses. LOL

Let your voice be heard. Feels great doesn't it?

Jeff

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

"...those who have a part in voting a person into office may become responsible for what he does."

Utter

crap

• onesong
    onesong

Thanks for posting that article Dismembered--methinks that there are very few Witnesses that aware it is indeed a conscience matter!

Cognac, when the doors open it's amazing how many things you can do that are truly meaningful and beautiful. Just a couple of small things off the top of my head that I enjoy: Yoga, toasting, (it adds much to a social gathering to raise your glass in a hearty "cheers!") , blessing people when they sneeze...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Good for you!!! in'it'great!!!!!!!

• inkling
    inkling
    "...those who have a part in voting a person into office may become responsible for what he does."

Utter

crap

Sorry, but how is this crap? You DO hold a measure of responsibly for the actions of the person you vote for.
    That's the whole point of the democratic system. The reason this reasoning, as used by witnesses ,is invalid is that by NOT voting you are still responsible, and you still made a choice- to let others choose for you.

If an evil Fascist dictator is elected, you are then somewhat responsible for not voting against him. [inkling]
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

That's so exciting - good for you!!

Amazing how even a little thing like that can make us feel good. I haven't had a chance to vote yet, but I will be voting in the 2009 elections and for a woman president. It would be uber cool.

• inkling
    inkling
    I will be voting in the 2009 elections and for a woman president. It would be uber cool.

How is gender in any way relevant to the quality (or "coolness") of a leader?

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit