Something new on LULU.com

by Nathan Natas 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Please note that at this time it is possible to post a review without buying a copy of the book. How long will it be before this is turned OFF?

alt

Note, for example that the "happy child" is OUTSIDE the Kingdom Hall...

Go here: http://www.lulu.com/content/1752441

• Jourles
    Jourles

Oh god, did you look at the "preview?"

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, I went through the preview. The artist captured a lot of stuff I've noticed. The wiggling in the chair. The running around of the children in their little party dresses and suits after the meeting.

Poor things don't know what they are missing.

Over the Christmas break, when regular Sunday School was not available, our church attendants provided each child with a pack that included a coloring book and puzzles to help them stay occupied during the service. By contrast, how very, very little is provided to the children in the Kingdom Halls.

Even this little booklet would be squashed by the society. Not an approved publication.

• Tara
    Tara

I agree with jgnat.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Uhh, they missed out a huge section where the father takes the wiggly little girl who can't sit quietly in her seat to the back room and beats her bare butt so hard that the whole congregation can hear her screaming! I don't think it's very realistic. Well, except for the blank smiles on their vapid faces. That part was pretty accurate.

Cog

• eddie c
    eddie c

They missed this also...

A vital key in helping your children choose Jehovah is to start early.....It is heartwarming to see preschool children at christian meetings struggle to take simple notes and to look up texts in thier own Bibles or go with their parents to the bathroom to wash thier faces with cold water when they get drowsy. These are simple things,but how vital they are in impressing on the young mind that respect and obedience should be shown to Jehovah.

Watchtower Oct 1,1994

I well remember making my sons sit perfectly still through two hours of boring adult material...and taking them for a "visit" to the back room when they found this impossible. If the meetings are so wonderful why the need to forcibly keep children awake?. Much of what i saw amongst the witnesses bordered on child abuse.

Eddie

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The pic of the girl in the dress almost looks like an American flag,

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Whoever made that is a total flake.

I actually think it's shows how totally warped the JWs view children. A little young child talking about how she used to have trouble sitting still in the meetings. I'm sure it goes into how she appreciates it more now.

How about a kid not wanting to sit still for two hours because it's just plain friggin boring!!! "They don't appreciate it", what morons.

Great parenting advice. How about sitting you child down three times a week and read him the Wall Street Journal until he begins to appreciate it.

• DJK
    DJK
    the "happy child" is OUTSIDE the Kingdom Hall...

Yup, that's when I was happy!

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit