Get out of her "My People"

by JH 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

If Babylon the Great is the false religion, why does someone in heaven call them "My people"? Does this mean that God has followers in other religions? Or maybe Babylon the Great is not what the JW's think it is.

4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.
  • Vivamus
    Vivamus

I see what you mean, I just had new light.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Being it was jewish apocalypticism of the first century, maybe it was warning for jews to get out of jerusalem??

S

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I see what you mean, I just had new light.

LMAO at vivamus

nj

• tula
    tula

"And then she understood the devilish cunning of the enemies plan. By mixing a little truth with it they had made their lie far stronger."

-C.S. Lewis

All religions have this mixture. There are some true loving spiritual people who are referred to as "My People". They are being admonished to get out of all false religions, organizations, etc.

"My People" are those that worship the Creator in Spirit (actions) and Truth (speech).

The first reaction to truth is hatred.

A man better have one foot in the stirrup when he tells someone the truth.

when you tell the truth people will call it hatred (i.e. Apostate lies) but it does not change the truth. What God wants is for you to tell the truth (but don't expect to win a popularity contest.)

"Because they received not the love of the truth that they might be saved." (and for this cause God shall send them strong delusion (i.e. wts and others) that they should believe a lie. 2 Thessolonians 2: 9-12

NEVER SACRIFICE TRUTH FOR UNITY.

This is what spiritual warfare is all about.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

If Babylon the Great is the false religion, why does someone in heaven call them "My people"? Does this mean that God has followers in other religions?

JH,

Yes. You know that we are to be judged individually according to our deeds and not by our affiliation. Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    But our affiliation will be detrimental as a consequence of its false teachings that it causes us to follow. And this then becomes our deeds (works) as well as our demise. The WT with its false doctrine and policies is among the worst of them. So get out of them my people and be that disciple you always wanted to be and serve only the interests of Christ. You do not need them and now you should know that you do not want them either.

Joseph

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

But Brother J H, we must consider the context of the scripure.

(Revelation 18:2-4) 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: "She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird! 3 For because of the wine of the anger of her fornication all the nations have fallen [victim], and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the traveling merchants of the earth became rich due to the power of her shameless luxury." 4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: "Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues.

The timing of statement is at the proclamation of the fall of Babylon the Great, which as evey good dub knows happened on 1919 when the officers of The Society were released from jail At that time there were many many individuals within Christendom who were still to hear the call and change their religion and join "Gods chosen people" . They obeyed the "voice out heaven"

Or so they told us. - I am sure that you know that really...{looking back it is really silly to equate the release of J F R and his mates to the fall of an empire, but they do,

• Aleman
    Aleman

Everyone is correct, but don't forget that this means that amongst the false religion, there will be sheep that have God in their heart and mind and soul but have been, due to custom or influence or other ways, in the wrong religion.

The day will come when the truth is shown and everyone will see who was wrongfully teaching things that were not in the Bible and allowing thing that were not allowed like sexual perversion. This is when they must deside for themselves if they want to stay beside those false leaders and prophets, or go follow God by faith.

Just like when the Israelites left Egipt, not only were the Israelites the ones who followed God into the desert to the promise land, also there were Egiptians amongst the mix. God allowed this because he loves man and doesn't want him to die.

-Aleman

• eclipse
    eclipse
    The day will come when the truth is shown and everyone will see who was wrongfully teaching things that were not in the Bible and allowing thing that were not allowed like sexual perversion. This is when they must deside for themselves if they want to stay beside those false leaders and prophets, or go follow God by faith.

That's exactly right.

That's how we all know that the Watch Tower & Bible Tract Society of Jehovah's Witnesses is a false prophet and a false religion.

Wrong, non-biblical teachings, teaching more than the Bible teaches, teaching falsehoods like new-light. Being part of the World by joining the UN. Causing death and torture of innocent ones in Malawi by not allowing the brothers to pay the gov't their due. Casar's things to caesar. Teaching that pedophiles need 2 witnesses in order to be expelled from the congregation, to be allowed to molest other children because they are not taken to the authorities. ETC ETC ETC

• Aleman
    Aleman

The key subject here, eclipse, is that you have to follow God and not 'man' because 'men' will fall into sin, but Jehovah is perfect in every way.

When I go to meetings I listen and share and compare and study like everybody should, I don't go by what 'men' say, I go by what I research in the libraries and online at information as I get educated as much as I can about the topic.

But I see that many here were following what the elder or other 'men' say and this confused many of you, thus cooling you spritual consience and speaking bad about brothers and elders.

Truth be said, sin will get any one incuding you in trouble by watching and listening to 'men' and not what God has to say, because, just like you, 'men' are sinners.

-Aleman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit