Jdub Growth In USA?

by freein2004 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Magnum - "I don't know whether it's an outright lie, or just a deceptive manipulation of info."

There's a difference?

• sir82
    sir82

The 2015 Yearbook shows a 2% growth in JW numbers in the USA .

A significant proportion, maybe as high as 30 or 35%, of the JWs in the US are in non-English speaking congregations, primarily Spanish.

Based on my (of course limited) observations, I'd say foreign-language congregations are growing at maybe 3 or 4% and English language congregations are shrinking.

Also keep in mind that much of that 3 or 4% (speculated) foreign-language growth in the US is due to immigration (legal or otherwise), rather than actual preaching activity.

• TheListener
    TheListener

The entire focus of the dub religion is to gain more members and they only grew 2%! That's pathetic.

That tells me that gaining new members is the main stated focus of the dubs, but on an individual member level the main focus is just surviving to the end.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TheListener - "The entire focus of the dub religion is to gain more members..."

Once upon a time, yes... but these days, though, the true goal is, ultimately, the WTS's survival.

x

As you said, gaining new members is their main stated focus, but just because it's stated, doesn't mean it's true.

Globally, the WTS is liquidating/downsizing its publishing and real estate assets, which suggests that they - on some level - also want to downsize the membership to a smaller, more manageable size.

1 or 2 million vocal and zealous loyalists are more valuable to them than 7 or 8 million "lukewarm" seat-warmers.

• hoser
    hoser

"lukewarm" seat-warmers."

The ones that barely comment at meetings,live how they want, rarely go in field service and NEVER donate. Those Jws are a drain on the company's assets

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "The ones that barely comment at meetings, live how they want, rarely go in field service and NEVER donate. Those JWs are a drain on the company's assets."

"W.I.N.O.s" - "Witnesses-in-name-only"... God bless' em, every one!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'd like to add to something I said a couple posts back:

"Globally, the WTS is liquidating/downsizing its publishing and real estate assets, which suggests that they - on some level - also want to downsize the membership to a smaller, more manageable size"...

...without actually looking like they're suffering anything resembling membership hemorrhage or an exodus, of course.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    From my own experience I know there are a lot of WINOs in the local KHs. (witness in name only). They know all the right lingo and what clothes to wear and what to say they like and dislike. But in reality once they are at home or work they pretty much do as they please. The comment I've heard is 'hey I haven't fornicated or killed anyone so I'm ok'.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "Those JWs are a drain on the company's assets."

I actually stopped short when I read that again, trying to figure out just how they were a drain.

Then I realized that their presence and semi-regular attendance still necessitated the existence of more KHs to accommodate them (and thusly all the resources needed to keep and maintain said KHs)...

...more than would actually be needed if there were only hard-core loyalist JWs.

• hoser
    hoser

Vidiot:

I actually stopped short when I read that again, trying to figure out justhow they were a drain.

They are a monetary drain as well as a"spiritual" drain. Winos (love that term btw) take up space at the Kingdom Hall, they are assigned to a field service group and they use up elders and ministerial servants precious time.
    These cultural jehovahs witnesses usually are the ones that don't report field service on timeand don't show up for theocratic ministry school assignments. Sometimes they are subject to judicial investigation. This contributes to elder and ministerial servant burnout.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit