My story

by Layla33 23 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Hi Layla! It is appreciated that you contribute your experience. Much of what you say will be heartfelt in some way by others having felt similar things.

It is good to have the compassion in your soul to understand everyones position and emotional spiritual cocktail of conflict that organised religion brews up and pours down their throats as the blood of Christ.

It does not take away the conflicts set up in your own soul against all your love and sharing and goodwill which are set in chains because of the indoctrination and psychological control of others. This is the sad legacy you live with daily and have to dress with compassion as often as your strength enables. You have my spirit of goodwill for your endurance. I send it on the winds! May you find harmony from within your own heart and the life given it by the one who grants it. And in the weakness of your meetings with those who think otherwise, may it glow inside you as your lifes guide!

Best wishes!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just wanted to add my welcome.

It seems that you were never baptised, am I correct? I am glad for you that your family has not shunned you. Some on this forum are shunned even though they were not baptised, and just faded.

So sorry about your aunt. It is always hard when our family members die. Two of my aunts died last week. One was 101 years old, so that was no surprise.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Oh I wished I had not gotten baptized, but it means nothing to me.

I was Disfellowshipped because I refused to attend one more of those silly meetings. I was tired of being questioned, tired of explaining things before people and re-explaining things, they kept calling, they sent letters, I told them, "leave me alone."

And make no mistake some of my family shunned me, a few (maybe two or three still do), but I was a spoiled female in my family and just well liked because I had a fun personality, was verbal from an early age and a favorite of many.

But over the years I dealt with the breaking away pains, befor making it peace with it all.

Both my grandparents had huge JW anniversary parties and I was not invited. My parents and their spouses (divorced, remarried) had big anniversary parties with their witness friends, I was not invited. Those times used to make me sad, but then I realized I was over them. I love them from a distance and have my own group of friends that are my family and when I was married my ex's family was like my family. You move on and make peace with the life you have. I think that was a big turning point for me.

I appreciate everyone's welcome, it feels really good to be among people who understand what it is like to live with such a background.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

layla...you got me on my knees

so welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit