CO and $$$$

by megaflower 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I spoke with an an ex CO on this a number of years ago. He stepped down to take care of his mother in law who had become too sickly to care for herself.

He was by no means rich. In fact, his wife and he had both stated that once u leave the work u are at the mercy of family members to be taken care of. 35 years of not participating in a job leaves little contribution in the Social Security system. They made the statement that the society should have a retirement home for retired CO's and DO's. There is a couple in my sister-in-law's congregation that fits this description. After many years of serving they get the wonderful privilege of the minimum Social Security payment of a little over $400. If not for family they would be in dire straits.

I don't doubt that some CO's retire and have some money. Some have very affluent families. That's the case with anyone. The current standard of Congregations donating money to them as they pass through I think is acceptable, but it probably leaves room for greed and then u get those "hand me a $20 bill when we shake hands talk." Bleh.

• Confucious
    Confucious

I really felt like I could make a difference.

I mean, even if I was offered a higher position - like D.O. - I woudn't have wanted it.

I reallty wanted to be in the trenches.

For me, my big issue spending 10 years in the cong, is that the congregation members needed a soft hand - not a hard hand.

So many people I know, really need to work either 50 hours a week (minimum) on their "real" jobs if it's a career. Or they need to work two jobs.

It's so difficult to make a good living now. It's not like when my parents were growing up and mom could stay at home and dad was working.

I just seen so many pompus C.O.'s (and also many real good ones).

But just lay the F*ck off of the members. Geez.

I remember one C.O. in a neighboring cong and reports were coming back on how he was a fire and brimstone type C.O. and the brothers in my cong were saying how that's a good thing.

Con

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

according to WT interpretation the apostle paul was the first CO/DO............ he worked part time.

they should too!!!!!!!!!! don't call me cheap!

my wife and I both work to take care of things!

they shoud work too. and when they're old and theres no SS to give them $$$$$$$, they should shut up!

they knew what was involved when they signed on the dotted line

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if a "green handshake" with a nice crisp Zero Dollar Bill would do any good.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

there should be an outrage about this?

• Confucious
    Confucious

Da Cheech...

About your outrage comment?

Maybe so... but the outrage isn't on "us" tipping a green handshake.

I love tipping...

It's worth it's weight in gold.

I think the outrage is the Society pretending that it's not there.

Like it's all about personal sacrifice and they are unpaid, etc.

Yeah... my waitress is unpaid too. But we know how the system works.

Tell it like it is.

Oh... Da, btw... Late 2008 - Malanagi vs. Hatton?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

is hatton the champ of the other league?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit