What I want to do

by Princess Daisy Boo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I know that many a thread has been started on New Years Resolutions, and well - this one is no different (albeit nearly a week late). This is about me and what I want to achieve in 2008.

I love having a loads of comments on any threads I start, but since this is purely a self indulgent thread, I am not expecting much, but any tips or suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

I am putting these plans down in writing and "publishing them", so to speak, as a commitment to achieving some if not all of them!

1. Get some closure on my JW issues - Read Crisis of Conscience and continue in my unlearning and make a decision as to whether to DA or not...

2. Lose weight - all of it!

3. Join a writers group or take a creative writing course... nurture my dream of becoming a writer.

4. Start painting again

5. Read The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron

6. Get more organised - keep a diary of things going on in my family's life

7. Learn to ride a horse. I have wanted to learn to ride since I was about 10, and I live only a few minutes drive from a riding school so there is no excuse.

Thats about it for now. Thanks for reading!!!!

Boo

• dinah
    dinah

Princess,

Sounds like some solid, very attainable goals.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Dare to install some wonderful wind chimes. Glass, wood and or metal. Buy a lottery ticket and wish yourself good luck. C'mon-set yourself free.!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

yOU GO GIRL!

I am working on a similar list.

• free2think
    free2think

Good for you.

I want to lose weight too, which is now my New Years Resolution, that and taking up Pilates and Yoga.

Good Luck in your goals.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Wow ! Nice things. I really like your list, I could use it for myself, except I already ride and have 6 horses. Only I am just not motivated to ride right now, so mine could be, start riding every day again like I used to and get fit to compete again. I need to lose weight too "all of it" like you said. I mean Im not fat but would be called voluptuous and really, to compete well, you need to be "slim'.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks for the words of encouragement - I plan to check back in here later in the year to tick off what I have achieved!

• Gopher
    Gopher

7 goals = earthly perfection !

Good that you'll be using us as a support group, so that you can focus on getting these done.

I read that 25% of people cop out on their resolution list within 2 weeks of making it, and the vast majority by years-end. But the percentage has to be better with a support system. (JWD might be the world's best support system!)

• eclipse
    eclipse
    2. Lose weight - all of it!

You can't lose all of it! Then you'd disappear...

great goals though, I am cheering you on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit