HOLY SPIRIT CONVERSATION STOPPERS...

by Confession 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JK666
    JK666

Alicia,

Welcome to JWD!

You are partially right, this is not how the rank and file in the congregation think. Unfortunately, those who are familiar with the inner workings of the organization are correct in how the elders, up to the Governing Body view things. It might benefit you to peruse the confidential letters that the society has sent all bodys of elders in the United States concerning pedophilia before making blanket statements for those in charge.

Stick around and learn.

Also, welcome to botheyesopen!

JK

• Confession
    Confession

Hello Alicia J... Nothing better to do than what? Call attention to how congregations under Watchtower Society control have often protected pedophiles while threatening victims of sexual abuse? Seems like a worthy subject to me.

Further, I must express how curious it is when active JWs come here, thinking they have some special knowledge about "how we think." Do you imagine we are "outsiders?" We're not. We were lifelong JWs ourselves. I am part of a four generation, sixty-plus year JW family. I served as an elder--and as chairman on the judicial committee of an elder pedophile. It is possible that you don't really know the extent to which the Society is guilty in this area. It could be that cognitive dissonance has artfully covered over this problem in your mind. But please don't think you can provide for us some special perspective that we don't quite understand. We do understand. We lived it, we saw it, and (sadly) we even participated in it.

• Confession
    Confession

(Bump) This one might've gone a bit far!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for bumping, I've not read this great stuff before.

The "wait on Jehovah" and He will sort it out via the H,S attitude was very prevalent within the JW's , and of course is the most awful nonsense, and responsible for criminal inaction.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Just read this and thought to myself: Hilarious!

Then I scrolled down and noticed that's what I thought 4 years ago.

• Confession
    Confession

Ha, ha, Hermano! Thanks for being so consistent!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Funny but unfortunately true. Thanks for the bump.

and Confession - I really like how you've pointed out that we are NOT outsiders.

• Confession
    Confession

I read you, Mamochan. It's kind of like the plan of action JWs can fall into if someone criticizes the organization...

1) Accuse them of not understanding how the organization really works. "Why, if you want to know something about Jehovah's Witnesses, ask one of Jehovah's Witnesses!"

2) When you find out they were JWs and understand things just fine, tell them their perspective has been perverted and their 'minds blinded.'

3) If you start to think they might be right, get worried, feel fear, try to suppress your thoughts and accuse these ones of apostasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit