S-77 Form

by oneairhead 8 Replies latest jw friends

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I was reading through some of the letters to the BOE and one of them made this statement:

Caution regarding photocopiers: Some photocopiers keep an electronic copy of whatever is copied. To ensure confidentiality, elders should never use commercial photocopiers to make copies of documents that contain confidential congrgation information, such as the S-77 form. Even when using copiers in the workplace, elders must be extremely careful to avoid any breach of confidentiality.

I wondered what that form contained and how do we get a copy.

One

• blondie
  • AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

The S-77 form was available in one of Scully's recent posts (entitled a "gift from Scully and friends). It was included in a zip file called "BoE".

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/149504/2721736/post.ashx#2721736

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Thanks Blondie your pic is hot, just so you know.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is the infamous form to report disfellowshippings. I think it is now the s-79.

The Scriptural precendent for reporting the decision to shun in a corporate form format is the book of 1 FullOfCrap 2:21

• tula
    tula

Would the Freedom of information act apply to being able to get a copy of these records to see what has been said about you?

Is there some legal way to enforce a violation of privacy as these records are not kept in a safe manner in the KH?

(often unlocked cabinets and unauthorized people having access.)

What can be done to put an end to these people writing gossip, allegations, and rumors springing from personal motives, etc. and keeping such a record on people?

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

That is a great idea, but i believe there is a "loophole" in the law for religious groups. They call it evangelical privledge.

If we could get those types of things in the open it would get a lot of people out and stop all of this buddy buddy system that runs rampant in the borg.

One

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

The thing that stood out the most for me is this:

Even when using copiers in the workplace, elders must be extremely careful to avoid any breach of confidentiality.

Excuse me, isn't this considered stealing? Copier supplies, including paper, are not cheap. Haven't we all heard the parts on "honesty in employment"? I thought we were told that even an ink pen or paper clip that belongs to our employer is not to be used for personal matters.

Hypocrites.

• erynw
    erynw
    Would the Freedom of information act apply to being able to get a copy of these records to see what has been said about you?

FOIA is only applicable to government documents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit