special announcements in NYC

by heyfea 10 Replies latest jw friends

• heyfea
    heyfea

My JW mom lives in NYC and she said that her cong. gave out forms from the Borg.They want to know where each person would go for refuge in case of a disaster like Katrina. It was suggested that each make arrangements to stay with a relative,(no objection to wordly company there), a friend,(yes, like they have any), or another JW who lives away from the city. The elders are suppost to keep an emergency contact list for each person. I suggest the WT society should be the one making arrangements accommodate everyone on the society's property. They've got plenty of room.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

We had our forms about 6 weeks ago. Thanks for the updat though

• xjwms
    xjwms

Why would they ask for that?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They don't think any Jw's could survive a disaster without them - they have the 'meat in due season' ya' know.

Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, can you tell us more???

• Robert7
    Robert7

No need to be overly cynical here. They are simply trying to prepare for natural disasters, to know how to reach everyone to ensure everyone's safety. I don't have much faith in the WTS, but sometimes I do think they sincerely doing the right thing.

• BFD
    BFD

Why wouldn't they all put thier trust in Jehovah to keep them safe?

Something is terribly wrong with this organization putting themselves ahead of Jehovah like that.

BFD

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

We found an example of one of these forms in this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/148773/1.ashx

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Nosey bastards. This is just another insidious way to get into JW's minds and emotions so they feel inseparably psychically bound to the Watchtower idol.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

This is nothing new, at least in this area. Two summers ago my mother in law told me they were doing this, and what a loving provision it was from Jehovah's Organization .

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit