Lengthening the "Conclusion of this system of things."

by Cynisister 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Hello, I'm new, and for the present must put on the appearance of a loyal witness for the sake of family, but by patience is wearing quite thin these days. More about me at another time.

Has anyone noticed that the WTS has once again changed the meaning of "generation" in the newest Watchtower (Feb. 15, '08 issue)? They are connecting it in a weird way to the brothers of Joseph. But the key point seems to be, as the subheading for par. 4 states, that the time will be EXTENDED rather than short, as previously taught. In view of the fact that new GB members are young, and they teach that some will still be alive when the end comes, they are covering their embarassment by cleverly lengthening the time of the end.

Anyone comments?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome to the board. Yes this topic has been covered extensively on this board. This is coupled with the QFR that 1935 was not the finish of the general calling of the annointed. Many topics also abound (speculative) on the 144,000. The feeling is that in the future this number will be made symbolic as the numbers just do not add up

• Mary
    Mary
    Has anyone noticed that the WTS has once again changed the meaning of "generation" in the newest Watchtower (Feb. 15, '08 issue)? They are connecting it in a weird way to the brothers of Joseph. But the key point seems to be, as the subheading for par. 4 states, that the time will be EXTENDED rather than short, as previously taught. In view of the fact that new GB members are young, and they teach that some will still be alive when the end comes, they are covering their embarassment by cleverly lengthening the time of the end. Anyone comments?

Welcome to the board! Yep, we have LOTS of comments on this subject and it should be interesting to see how the rank and file Witness is going to react to this 'new light'. Here's a few links that we've done on the subject that you'll enjoy reading:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/148561/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/147354/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/146061/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/130668/1.ashx

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

WELCOME Cynisister! You are among true friends here. And your questions are very sincerely welcomed here. It appears to me that the arc of salvation continues to flounder. When you take into consideration the subject matter that the wts continues to waver back and forth on to suit their needs and substantiate their failed prophecies, it is no wonder that truly inquiring minds want to know just what the hell is going on in the inner sanctum at bethel. grrrrrrr

Cynisister, your firstbstop after here is to the book store. Ask for Crisis of Consciense by raynond Franz. You will have your eyes opened like never before as to the inner workings of the WTBTS. I was a jw for 43 years. par for the course for most on this board. GOOD for YOU!!!

nomoreguilt

• knock knock
    knock knock

Extending the already over-extended length of a circumspect doctrine of a generation. Sounds like New Light to me.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Welcome, cynisister - may you find what you seek here!

Regarding the everlengthening short time:

And the Beat Goes On

But wait...there's more!

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Can someone please put this up. I feel like a good chuckle, and cannot get my hands on a copy at the moment?

FF

• OBVES
    OBVES

The explanation is simple if you read my posts . We have to reconstruct the times when Christ and first christians lived and had the true religion.

Not only the year 1914 AD but we can go back even farther !

7 BC = 1879 AD 2 BC = 1884 AD 29 AD = 1914 AD

106 AD = 1914 AD 70 AD = 1950 AD 36 AD = 1984 AD 29 AD=1991 AD

The end-time generatio will be the true christians that are intimately linked with the Bible. The Bible was not yet compiled when Christ and his disciples lived . The originals were lost so we have the Bible alone to rely on. And how to prove that Bible is for our times which turn out to be the end times? By calculations based on the Bible - check my posts.

1879 AD + 66 years for 66 books of the Bible = 1945 AD 1945 AD + 66 years for 66 books of the Bible = 2011 AD

The Bible can be like a witness -we see the two witnesses in the period 1879 AD - 2011 AD.

Note that a 5-year old child can rememeber some important events from their lives. 1914 AD - 5 years = 1909 AD

1909 AD - 2008 AD = 99 years

We have right now some more than 10 000 000 people on the face of the earth who are 99 years old.Could be much more - you can check it by using Almanac and I will do that to check if I gave a good estimate- and we have great medical successes now concerning the prolongation of life .Say we have only 100 000 people . When the year 2011 AD there will be many people still living that were born before 1910 AD.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Wait!! Hold on!! I think I am finally getting it!!

1914+30 years (Jesus' baptism)= 1944-The second world war was going on

1914+33 years (Jesus death)= 1947-alot of people are still alive that were born in this year

1914+4 years (the four sides of the pyramid)=1918-inspection of the temple

1914+4years+1year (the four sides of the pyramid and the pointy top)=the 1919 inspection of the temple (Since both years are used in WTS literature)

How am I doing so far? Will Obves approve?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit