2008 Memorial...How will Brooklyn fix this MASSIVE blunder?

by A-Team 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Geez does the WTS EVER just run with any standard secular dates or reasoning on anything?? Why do they always have to do every blardy little thing so different from everyone else? They must be the world's biggest contrarians.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    (Thus the date for the Memorial may not coincide with that of the Passover kept by modern-day Jews. Why not? The start of their calendar months is set to coincide with the astronomical new moon, not the visible new moon over Jerusalem, which may come 18 to 30 hours later. Also, most Jews today keep the Passover on Nisan 15, not on the 14th as did Jesus in harmony with what was stated in the Mosaic Law.)

Ah ha!

It's all arbitrary anyway. What the heck.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It doesn't matter to me either way. No one is going to take note. Besides, I am not going regardless of when it is. Even if they did it on December 25, I still would blow it off while enjoying my sun-worship lights.

Besides, not only they got the date wrong but the purpose. Jesus dying in of itself means nothing. Only by having been resurrected (Easter, anyone?) could he present the value of his sacrifice (Pentecost, anyone?). Without recognizing either of those events, the whole doctrine of the ransom sacrifice is going right down the toilet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit