No magazines for me :(:(:(

by onacruse 12 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

*** km 7/04 p. 3 Question Box ***

? How should personal copies of TheWatchtower and Awake! be obtained?

If someone in your territory requests regular magazine delivery, please be sure to follow through promptly so that not even one issue is missed. Disfellowshipped persons may obtain the magazines or other literature for their personal use at the magazine and literature counter at the Kingdom Hall. Disfellowshipped persons should not be included on a personal magazine route.

I guess I'll just have to keep getting them from JWD! roflmao

• mann377
    mann377

What is their scripitual basis for this? Isn't giving out (selling) the literature a life saving work?

• dinah
    dinah

Naw, they just hate it that we pick the magazines apart and poke fun. Almost makes me want to drive down to my local KH and DEMAND my copy.

• jgnat
    jgnat

...you mean, even after my hubby primed your local brothers, they haven't been back? How rude.

• monophonic
    monophonic

gotta hit he KH for the necessary humiliation session.....not.

thanks to everyone scanning mags here.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I also didn't get an invite to the Memorial:

*** w60 4/1 p. 224 Questions From Readers ***

? Each year the Society receives a number of inquiries regarding various aspects of the Lord’s evening meal. In reply to these the following is given:

Disfellowshiped persons are not welcome. Should they attend and partake, they would not be counted.

I'm really beginning to feel left out.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

did they actually say that disfellowshipped persons are not welcome? What makes that meeting so special? It's a non-event in most places: long sermon, no one partakes, everyone goes home no wiser than before. I can't believe they said that - I wonder what has happened that made them say that?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hortensia, that last quote is a bit old, but to my knowledge it's never been rescinded.

Here's another:

*** km 2/87 p. 8 Question Box ***

? Who should receive a copy of OurKingdomMinistry?

Disfellowshipped persons should not be given a copy of OurKingdomMinistry.

Naturally, since a df'd person isn't allowed to go out in The Ministry anyway.

• 5go
    5go

Why say that then post them on the web.

• onacruse
    onacruse

5go:

Why say that then post them on the web.

It's all about the personal contamination that would occur between a True Believer and a df'd person, right? After all, every decent website has a good antivirus and firewall protection system, to insulate one from getting the demonic cooties that must necessarily ensue from direct contact with one who is described as "they went out from us, but they were not of our sort." The angels must be protecting the MS's at the literature and magazine counters, whenever a df'd person actually has the audacity to go there and ask for literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit