The WBTS describes the dangers of the internet ...

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

The following is taken from: http://www.watchtower.org/e/20041208a/article_01.htm

Centuries ago, the Bible warned of dangers posed by evil men described as “master[s] at evil ideas” and “scheming to do bad.” ( Proverbs 24:8 ) The prophet Jeremiah described them as “wicked men” whose “houses are full of deception.” Like birdcatchers, they “set a ruinous trap” to catch men and “gain riches.” ( Jeremiah 5:26, 27 )

They claim to be describing the dangers of the internet. Seems more like .....

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Perhaps they need some help to remove that gigantic rafter from their own eye!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Perhaps they need some help to remove that gigantic rafter from their own eye!

I bet dynamite would work wonders for that....

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I bet dynamite would work wonders for that....

Since the power of God's word has no effect on them, I doubt anything will work.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Just another out of context application of scripture. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

If I had a penny for every misapplied scripture from the Wacktower, I'd have $134.78....

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Since the power of God's word has no effect on them, I doubt anything will work.

Well, maybe it won't help them, but certainly the rafter would appreciate help escaping.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Their position is exactly that of religious leaders at the advent of the printing press and Bible publications. It enables people to see for themselves and check out the information the leaders are using to control their subordinates. Happiness is not their goal. Control of human behaviour is. This is why they get tax exemption!

• llbh
    llbh

That article is rubbish. It is full of non sequiturs, has no bibliography, and is completely otiose

. What applies to the internet applies to the Internet we have to be careful who we interact with. | know i used to be a JW !!

llbh

• glenster
    glenster

When the JWs leaders play prophet by acting "one in the world" exclusive with a dozen or so rules, the case can be made evidentially that it's phoney every time. So how are they going to send millions of followers into the world to collect money, where they could run into people who are onto the leaders, and cover their butts? That's why they discourage patience with criticism. If the follower runs into someone who can blow the leaders' scam, they won't be around them very long for the case to be spread through the flock and diminish profits.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I KNEW IT!!

You are all a a bunch of evil twicksters out to catch me and steal my gold!

Cog (I am so outta here!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit