Acquire some "common sense" ... the WBTS way

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 13 Replies latest jw friends

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

What drives me nuts about witnesses is that they put all of their time and effort into spreading the watchtowers and awakes with no regard, most of the time, for upbuilding their own life and family. Where'd the common sense go? Some put off getting a decent job, or even buying a decent home to live in. (my dad refused to buy a more livable home because "the end" was coming soon. he wouldn't even add insulation to it.)

In my case, I had the common sense to work overtime if it was going to help better the lives of my wife and son. I felt better knowing that I was working towards something instead of empty promises.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Seems that way. There is no time for themselves. My former jw friend has no assets at all. No higher education, no home of his own, no owned vehicle, no children of his own, and even no good health to report. He is too busy with his bible studies to have his own life. Even manners seemed to have vanished. I have yet to see him say thank you when ordering something- so I guess I can add a lack of happiness to this list.

I really wanted to help, but he has to help himself. I am tired of losing sleep over this.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

You are born with or without it.

• flipper
    flipper

" Acquire common sense " ? Just ask the governing body ! LOL! They have absolutely NO common sense, yet they tell their members to acquire it. It is the typical " do as we print" not as we do type thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit