George Couch Dies - Brooklyn Bethel

by SadElder 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

What a dedicated man to an organization!!!. I could not help to think "DEAR GOD examine this mans heart in death as he stands before the judgement seat. "

He gave up & suffered at times thinking that he was serving GOD....Yet he led many to destruction in the teaching of the devil

Of course buildings came easily ...The Devil has GREAT Pull for any who want to follow him .I know I was there & did the same thing. Suffered for a belief. A wrong belief.

I believe God is a just God I do wish I could hear what the Judge orders for him.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Give of yourself to the organization, and you are guaranteed to have a full, happy life. Whatever you are doing—whether it is pioneering, circuit work, serving with a congregation as a publisher, Bethel service, or missionary work—follow the direction outlined, and value your assignment. Try your best to enjoy every assignment and each day of work in Jehovah’s service. You will get tired, and you may get overworked or feel down at times. That is when you have to remember the purpose of dedicating your life to Jehovah. It is to do his will, not your own.

There has not been a day that I have come to work and not enjoyed what I did. Why? Because when we give of ourselves whole-souled to Jehovah, we have the satisfaction of knowing that ‘we have done what we ought to have done.’

That's the problem, they don't know the difference.

Brant

• moshe
    moshe

It is too bad that he did not realize when the ancient worthies did not show up and Beth Sarim was sold around 1947, that he had made a mistake and had gotten out. He and his wife would have been about 30 and could have had a real life with a family- kids and grandchildren. By the time they were called to Bethel 10 years later, they had entered middle age territory. I imagine most of these old timers at Bethel turned bitter in the end.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

WOW, Couch was a major player at Bethel, guess we're all getting old! :-))

Randy

http://www.freeminds.org

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Billy the Ex-BetheliteRe: Masturbation leads to homosexuality! Look out - maybe Atheism too!!!

Post 9 of 152
    since 28-Nov-07

According to George Couch in Bethel, looking at women's bras in the J C Penney catalog led to masturbation. And guys giving each other back rubs led to homosexuality.

Also, brothers wrestling with each other in their underwear would lead to homosexing. Consequently, we'd take our undies off because we sure didn't want to be gay.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

George Couch, who shares in headquarters management, estimates that it costs only 30 cents per meal to feed the headquarters family. “We serve about 2 million meals a year,” Couch explained. “And when we divide the $350,000 a year that it takes to operate the farm along with kitchen expenses by the number of meals served, we arrive at the 30-cent figure.” -- AWAKE! June 22, 1973, page 21, "WATCHTOWER FARM—UNIQUE IN MANY WAYS"

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Poor George. He was a classic brainwashed Watchtowerite: focused entirely on serving & furthering the interests of a human organisation rather than the interests of the master, Jesus Christ. May he RIP.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Happy Hogmanay, y'all: Bro. Couch gave the 'bethelite' talk at an assembly in Woodburn, OR in the late 80's just as we were coming back "in" from our backsliding of 1985-88. He kept using the word 'blessed' like most would say 'darn'. I kept that memory for the times when I used euphemistic cusses, like 'bleeding' (my Cockney heritage), in case the thought police (aka elders) called me on it. Well, I suppose he was an odd duck, but I liked him, as he wasn't perfect. 10 years out this year, and all is really well, and much much better than staying "in"!! Keep on leaving y'all, Deleted

• Gregor
    Gregor

A true WTS self-righteous nerd bird. Had all the Kool Aid drinker mantra down pat. Well, everybody has to be somewhere and do something, even if it is wrong. Better than working for a living.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

He was used a lot to address problems with the Bethel family during morning worship,in large part because of his unique style of speaking. If you ever heard him, you know what I mean. He could say things and get away with it because of his age. He said things humorously. Another of the Knorrites bites the dust. Max Larson can't be far behind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit