Is this true what I just read?

by worldtraveller 12 Replies latest jw friends

• erynw
    erynw

Yep, mid 80's, sheeps and goats running amok.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    31 “When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 And all the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left - Matt. 25: 31-33
    Those who join in singing God’s glories are classed as “sheep” whose inheritance will be eternal blessings. Those who refuse to acknowledge God by praising his name now place themselves with the “goats” whose end is eternal destruction. - The WATCHTOWER March 1, 1950, page 70, "A CALL TO PRAISE"
    19 These sincere Christians realize the wisdom of the counsel given by Jesus: “No man that has put his hand to a plow and looks at the things behind is well fitted for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62) So instead of looking back at the old-world system and the temporary advantages or promotions that it offers, they look ahead to the blessings of the new world and keep their eye on the Kingdom goal, putting forth every effort to advance the Kingdom interests by ministerial activity. They follow the counsel: “By endurance on your part you will acquire your souls [or, ‘future lives’].” (Luke 21:19) They realize that the wonderful gift of life in the new world is worth working for patiently, so they are not discouraged. They understand that even though many Bible studies may need to be conducted before one comes to appreciate the truth, this is all a part of the work, the dividing of the sheep and the goats, that Jesus foretold, and they are happy to have a share in it. They look forward to the time when this work will be done and when all who live will know Jehovah. - The WATCHTOWER, April 1, 1961, page 206, "EXERCISING PATIENCE"
    The enthroned king, Christ Jesus, uses a similar means in dividing the “sheep” from the “goats,” determining their attitude to him by their attitude and behavior toward “one of the least of these my brothers,” that is, one of his disciples with the heavenly hope. - The WATCHTOWER, September 1, 1970, page 536, "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR POWERS OF PERCEPTION"
  • DublDipd
    DublDipd

I remember when I was just a lil jw..when I filled out my door-to-door service activity slip (or whatever the hell they called it). It was common practice to place the letter "g", for goat, if the householder was extremely rude or asked us not to come back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit