Official guide to punishing weak ones

by MissingLink 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    jgnat -- "You missed a great talk." period.

Ha, sorry. Correction accepted.

Just a couple weeks ago someone did say that to me something like - "You missed a very upbuilding talk". I said - "Oh darn. What was it about?". (blank stare)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

OK - maybe extreme sickness should be punishable with a one-level smack down.

PO -> Lowly elder
    Elder -> Min Servant
    Min Serv -> Publisher
    Publisher -> Wordly Scum
    Wordly Scum -> Shunned Wordly Scum

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, ML:

I'm trying to locate an old thread wherein a member stated that he was required by his elders to get another one or two medical opinions. He was ill and missing meetings.

CoCo

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Wow Coco. I never heard of THAT one before! I didn't know you had to get medical certs to prove illnesss.

• compound complex
    compound complex

This is from done4good:

"Just to let you know we're thinking of you during this testing time regarding your health. The principle in the scripture that things are established by having 2 or 3 witnesses, can be applied to accepting a diagnosis of our health. Let 2 or 3 independent authorities agree about it then we in the congregation can accept it. One's spiritual health must not be neglected."

MissingLink:

I was going through old notebooks and located "Falsely Accused by Elders."

www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/126151/2.ashx

CoCo

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

You bring up a good point - what are the valid defenses against these punishments?

Illness - more than 1 doctors certs can help you avoid the illness punishment.

If you mention something from a TV show thats on during meeting time you must introduce it with a proper disclaimer such as "Normally I wouldn't have seen it since it's on during meeting but since I was down with the Flu..." or "I had to record the program to see it since it's on during meeting time. But I watched it later and...". Without these disclaimers in place before the discussion - the listener will begin the punishment immediately by mentally shunning you while to rattle on about the evil television, perhaps by singing Kingdom Melodies in their head.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I heard of a brother with chronic fatigue syndrome being asked by an elder if he in fact had AIDS.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

How about the following text message:

Hi, missed you 2day. Hope u r ok? (Inference that the only good reason for missing a meeting is being on the verge of death). C U on Thursday. xx

Had that text more than a couple of times from a couple of people. I should change my mobile phone number! Plotting

• VM44
    VM44
    The "friend" will be excluded from all congregation "get togethers"

Congregation "get togethers"? Haven't those all been banned by The Watctower? The Watchtower doesn't even want people to gather together in private homes anymore for the Book Study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit