Guess who came to our house on Christmas Day...

by exwitless 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder if that boy had to stay out in field circus all damn day. 12? Hell, he should be baptized by now and probably trying to finish his pioneer time. After all, they do want everyone that is in school to pioneer in December, with its five full weekends and the week off from school.

So much for that nice tobogganing trip. Also, there goes anything like getting any toys, playing in the snow, or visiting friends. This is precisely the sort of crap that I do not like seeing going on in the tower. Those kids are out in field circus when they are toddlers, probably also on holidays, and they never have any fun. And when they do have fun, Brother Hounder or the hounder-hounder will make them feel disloyal for taking that time to have fun. No wonder so many of them are dying in their 40s, 50s, and early 60s!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "...Wouldn't the world be a better place if people had that cheerful "holiday spirit" year-round?'"

"Yes... if it was a sincere cheer, and not because they are TOLD that they are happy - like they do in some religions.You know the ones. They walk around saying 'any day now, all of this badness will be over, and we can be happy eternally' - or some such."

Then hand the young boy a toy, and wish them both a Merry Christmas - whilst closing the door.

Of course... it's always easier to do (or say) this after the fact. Your husband probably handled it the best way... unless you have stirred up the 'nest' and they send the p.o. around to bother you.

Regards,

Jim TX

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

They never bother this evil apostate. Thank God!

Jeff

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Am I the only one who thought you were going to say Santa?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

JW's came to my grandma's house on Christmas day, but they were only there to pick up tamales, and they were family ha ha ha, my grandma says they don't like to celebrate but they like to eat

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I never went out on Holidays that I remember. I can't remember anyone else doing it either but they probably did.

My mom raised me that Holidays were family time and I wasn't usually allowed to even go see my friends! (That was before we were JWs but even after that my mom's training stayed with me.

Bad religion is no excuse for bad manners.

sacrebleu

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

My 6 foot chain link locked gate is my "Witness Protection Program".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit