Two lists for the apointed?

by Samuel Thorsen 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

The parttakers at the memorial service has always been counted and the number is put in the annual report.

Someone told me however that these days the parttakers is counted and divided in to an A-list and a B-list. The ones who makes it to the A-list is the serious, mature and believable persons and these people makes the number of breade eaters and wine drinkers in the annual report. The B-list guys is the psyciatric/nutcase/bipolar (or whatever diagnosis) parttakers who is not beleived to be "real" apointed ones and therefore has nothig to do on this list.

Can anyone confirm this romuor?

• DT
    DT

I've heard similar things. It sounds plausible to me. The official number sounds way to low account for all the visitors who partake in ignorance of JW doctrine or new ones that claim to be of the anointed.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Aaaa...anointed.

Thanks!

(annoying)

• blondie
    blondie

My experience is they are counted after a couple of years but not based on "mental" status. I knew many "eccentric" anointed in my younger years...they are all counted. People who are newly baptized jws are usually not counted and definitely not people who aren't baptized jws. Since the WTS has said that being Bible scholars and knowledgeable in a special way is not proof of being anointed, it would be counterproductive to insist that "real" anointed be special in that area.

Blondie

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

growing up a jehovah witness i never saw an annointed person....i always thought they were only americans.... do the annointed ones take of the cup and bread privatley away from the other class?

for those who pass the wine and bread onwards are we not publicly DENYING instruction Yahushua's instruction..........

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I grew up knowing three "anointed"... my mom is "anointed" and her dad was too. There was also a close family friend I grew up knowing who was also "anointed".

I grew up privy to all of the back-end happenings of the whole "anointed" concept and processes.

I was never aware of an official "second list" however it was not at all uncommon for elders, in the right company, to comment that certain people claiming to be "anointed" really were not. These elders would also speculate about how many "real anointed" are out there. They normally would float the number of 10% or so of the reported number.

In the end, yes, the elders have their personal opinions of who are "real" and who are not "real", however nothing official is going on.

On a side note, I have always amused at the mystery and aw people assign to the "anointed". JWs seem to put them up on a pedestal and watch them in wonderment.

I grew up knowing three, and trust me, they ain't special. I've seen all three first thing in the morning... I've seen all three in ill-tempered moods... and I've seen all three behaving badly. The only thing special about them is the fact that people *think* they are special.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I saw two anointed, both older and they actually were kind of looked down on, which was always strange to me. Shouldn't these be the ones we are proud and happy about? They were both kind of Rouge JW's whom the elders didn't like though.

• zack
    zack

They are all counted. But not all taken seriously.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

In many congs. after the count had been taken of the partakers the P.O. would ask if such and such partook and if he was counted.

The implication was that the elders probably 'adjusted' the count to exclude the crazy and ignorant before informing the branch.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    for those who pass the wine and bread onwards are we not publicly DENYING instruction Yahushua's instruction..........

Yes. Absolutely, totally and vehemently... yes. And publicly. Yes. But that is the PURPOSE of the WTBTS: to keep you FROM doing so by means of their false propaganda (..."false prophets and false christs will arise to mislead if possible, even the chosen ones.") They "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men." Why? Because "they themselves do not go in."

And so the blind... follow the blind. But it does NOT have to be that way - folks can open their eyes.. and WAKE UP!"I

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit