anyone see the CNN story on I-35?

by The Humper 17 Replies latest jw friends

• The Humper
    The Humper

so there is a highway that stretches from tx up to mn. its called I-35, and because Isa. 35:8 mentions a road and a highway some stupid christian church group in tx goes out there to pray for the sins of the people and buisnesses on the highway. its so pathetic. im so glad im out of religion and done with it.

growing up as a witness things didnt make sense, but this sure as h3ll doesnt make any sense at all. i swear, christians are a funny group of people. and i dont mean to insult anyone, well frankly i dont even care if i have. and dont think i hate you because youre a christian because i dont, i just hate stupidity. which to me religion is all about stupidity.

merry (has nothing to do with) christ mass everyone.

• kwr
    kwr

I saw it and I could not stop laughing.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Superstition: a: a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation b: an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition

JWs are not superstitious. They pride themselves on it, which is why you cannot say 'bless you' or 'good luck'.

For JEs and all Religions, if you, attribute your actions to the Bible (Koran, etc), then of course it's not superstitions.

This is why I am starting to believe that all Religions are a joke...

• JK666
    JK666

I live in Indiana, right off highway I-69. I pray for it, too!

JK

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

did you hear the announcer (robin meade, a BABE). that there is another interstate mentioned in Isaiah. no one is praying in that one!

this is assenine!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

There is a certain and not by any means minor element of the US population that is religiously insane. The gullability and chronic stupidity of such people is an embarrassment to the human race.

Thankfully, the number of such people on this Board is very minimal and to those who do exist I wish them all The Seasons Beatings. ;)

HS

• chickpea
    chickpea

didnt see the story but know the highway well

i have traveled the entire length of it multiple times ( segementally) .... including both sections of 35E and 35W in mpls/st paul, and D/FW

i have prayed on it, but mostly because there was an ice storm and we had a gas line freeze up in outside OKC, with a 2YO in the van and me 6 months pregnant

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    but mostly because there was an ice storm and we had a gas line freeze up in outside OKC, with a 2YO in the van and me 6 months pregnant

Things like this are not what I'm talking about. I would pray for the kids too!

better luck in the future.

GOD does not condemn many for the stupity of some!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    GOD does not condemn many for some stupity of some!

Oh, really?

• Gregor
    Gregor

It has only been a few days ago that Fox gave major coverage about a rock found by a woman. She just happens to be a born agin'. From one angle the rock is supposed to show the profile of George Washington and from another angle, JC himself! How cool is that? Makes me want to reconsider my atheism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit