41 Theses on Blood: My "best of" questions/arguments on JW Blood Ban

by Check_Your_Premises 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I am proudly oblivious to any changes in the blood doctrine in the last 6 or 7 years.

Just curious... Does this thing still hold up?

I thumped a PO and his snooty, know-it-all wife with it a few years back. Thought I might dust it off.

Thought it might help my son see that maybe, just maybe, the JW aren't "right about everything"

Sorry it is so long.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was thinking about the JW Blood Doctrine earlier this morning, and how pervasive the indoctrination is, how people who have long been out of the Org will still refuse a Transfusion for example.

I thought of how to deal with it if a JW would discuss it. I decided that the first thing to do was peel away the layers of their belief. "Why do you believe this idea is truth, is right ?" would be my first question. Their reply would probably be "Well I believe the Bible plainly says to "abstain from blood".

Instead of immediately attacking this false premise I think we should ask, " If I can show you that the Bible is not saying that at all, would you change your view ?"

They may then say "Yes", and you can proceed, with caution. You will have to remind them throughout that they agreed to your showing them their view of Scripture was wrong. Really, underneath the JW will probably not accept your explanation, because it hasn't come from the men in N.York.

You have to get them to acknowledge that their belief is shaped by other men's interpretation of Scripture, not by their own study of it. Then you have to get them to see that the same group used to accept Blood Transfusions, but not Organ Transplants, and that therefore if that same group The FDS, could be persuaded that blood was the same as an organ in what it did, they could accept transfusions.

And so on. What I am trying to say is that a JW will not simply accept the evidence for anything, you have to undermine the hold that the idea of an FDS that is to be trusted has on them, as well as present an argument.

• DesirousOfChange
  • tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

I'm new yet not...I was on this site a few years ago....I was reading so much that I couldn't keep up. No, I didn't stop reading because I was drinking the kool-aide. My head was swimming from all the information I read on here..But now I'm back. Regarding Blood....umm...this just came to my mind a while ago...abstaining from blood. Well, of all the things in the bible to abstain from...The JW's chose blood...They call it sacrifice. There are 10 million things in the bible that tell us what to do & what not to do. We are not supposed to lie, we are too help one another, & so on...now, in a persons' life, what are the chances that they would need a blood transfusion ? Most folks go thru life and don't need a transfusion...again, I'm not saying that in ones life it can't happen. So the JW's pick something out of the bible that may least likely to happen. Which leaves them with countless things they can do...of which they don't. Their biggest problem is LOVE...they don't have it for one another or anyone else for that matter. I have heard all their stuff about the blood issue & how they are really hard core about it...but if a person needs $$ or a ride home, or just a hug...No they won't do that. Many of JW's may not have been brought up in a loving home. I'm at the hall, & many of them are related but don't sit next to one another...sometimes you don't even know they are related. Re: The Blood issue it's easy to do, because it doesn't come up that much. They are hard-core about Blood, but not about LOVE (umm, I think that rhymes). What I notice about JW's & yes I'm one, but yet, I don't fit in, they don't care the doctrine, the bible, the changes, the ARC, any of this stuff...They are in God's organization, & that's all it amounts to. Many of them have no power outside the org. so this being a part of God's org. is their badge of honor. I'm sitting there week after week, we are read letter after letter...Give more, if you can. This change & that change...No one talks of ARC, yet many know personally, that this has happened to someone they know in the org. They always say other folks are blind because Satan is blinding them...I believe that about the JW's, they are blind but it's because they want to be blind, because they are a part of an elite crowd....God's Chosen...that's it in a nutshell...Thank Goodness Jesus didn't have any children, because half them fools would think they are a descendant of Jesus...That's how proud and haughty man is. So back to the blood issue. A while back someone on this site said this...how profound..."Abstaining from life-saving blood transfusion, and not thinking to ask. Didn't Jesus say that we should break a law when a life was at stake. (example: pulling a stranded sheep out of a pit on the Sabbath day" )I would love to say that to a witness & see their reaction....PRICELESS...there are many folks who work in the medical field & don't take blood transfusions, but not because God said it. God said a lot of things...this blood issue is because back then, those folks were kind of heathen, they ate blood, they bled folks because they thought that they may have a evil spirit in them, they bled folks for medical issues as well...They didn't know any better. We do...Again, of all the things in the bible to do or not to do...The JW's chose the Blood...amazing.

Tor

• defender of truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit