I LOVE THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!!!!

by Sunspot 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I spent all day baking for the festivities of the next few days. I baked eight cakes and one cherry dessert. (Thank you for the recipe, MegsMomma!)

I had company drop by with some home-made goodies, and then my DIL brought by with some darling ornamentents my 15 yr-old grand-daughter had made! Another grand-daughter (19) had sent us a Christmas card----for the very first time ever! It has taken some time...but fences are really beginning to mend from all the years I shunned their father and all those years of not really knowing any of them. Unfortunately, my son has showed that he rather not have me around them at Christmas at his home (he still has a LOT of animosity and hostility about how he was treated after he was DFed), but his wife and daughters seem to be warming up and trying to put this all behind them...and us...and sharing these little things as they have this year. I am very grateful for this. Little steps that are going forward...it is just fine with me.

I finished up the last of the wrapping this morning, and between brewing pots of coffee and serving baked goods....I now have to get the last of the laundry done and finish packing to go away.We are expecting winds of 50-75 MPH this evening so I am HOPING the electricity doesn't go out before I get the clothes dried! They are calling for 3-5 inches of snow for tonight so it should put a nice clean white blanket over everything for Christmas Eve!

For those that might have missed MegsMomma's recipe:

Sweet rolls:

Easy and very pretty! My grandma always made these...and there really isn't a "recipe"...but, here are the directions for them..

Use a round cake pan

Put a layer of brown sugar on the bottom

Put dots of butter on top of that (about every inch apart)

Sprinlke drained and chopped marichino cherries all over

Use bread dough (either canned, or home made) and make into balls and put around pan. Bake according to bread directions. When done....flip the pan onto a plate.......Walla!!

The brown sugar and butter makes a glaze on the bread and the cherries give it an awsome flavor! Tastes best warm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Take it from me----it is scrumptious!!

I doubt that I will be back here before we leave to go away early tomorrow AM......so I will now wish each one of you a merry, safe and love-filled Christmas.

hugs to you all,

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

So glad for you Annie Have a wonderful time

God bless!!!! Mouthy

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Have a fantastic time Annie!!

(and thank you for the surprise card)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Sounds like your holidays are coming along very nicely Sunspot...just remember take it easy ....

• lavendar
    lavendar

MERRY CHRISTMAS Sunspot!

I'm going to try your sweet rolls! Yum!

• rache31
    rache31

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I do too, Sunspot. It's so nice to be able to show my Christmas spirit again. We went to my aunts for the annual party on my mom's side of the family. I had a blast. I hadn't seen my cousin Ryan in forever. And my cousin Gary flew in from California with his wife and three kids. He was kidless the last time I'd seen him.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas..........................My non-jw new bride just loves me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit