Looking for an Awake article

by Tina 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

(((((3rd))) thanks!!!
    I appreciate the references urls.Funny they dont mention that their 'help' has been very conditional.For Jw's only,or to negate negative press about that. luv,T

Jehovahs Witnesses,Proudly Serving Their Corporate Masters!

• Tina
    Tina

Hi,
    Was wondering if anyone found that specifi article I was looking for,the one with the picture of the vehicle w/ the WTS logo on it? Tina

• sapo
    sapo

Hi Tina,

I remember an article that said something about specifically seeking out the brothers and sisters during relief efforts also, and then adding that they also extend their help to others; although, I don't remember that picture you described. But now I can't find it.

The January 15, 1998 Watchtower has a similar article--"Christianity In Action". It describes some of their Rwanda relief efforts. The "Volunteers Can they make a difference?" article in the July 22, 2001 Awake also describes some of their relief work. A flagrant "self praising" article is in the December 1, 1996 Watchtower--"Coping With Disaster". If I find the one I have in mind, I'll post that too.

Sapo

• Tina
    Tina

Hi sapo,and welcome aboard. I can't find that exact mag either.Thanks for the other refeences tho! regards,Tina

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tina,

Perhaps it's the 4/22/2001 Awake about Mozambique you're looking for. Look at this thread, it has a longer description of the article. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=3555&site=3

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Tina
    Tina

(((((goph)))))))
    That may be the one. DId the article have a pic of a small truck w/the WTS logo on it? thanks! luv,Tina

• Gopher
    Gopher

Everybody/anybody,

I've lost this particular issue of Awake (April 22, 2001). Can anyone find it and reply on this thread to Tina as to whether it's the right issue? (with a pic of a small truck bearing the WTS logo)

Thanks, Gophie

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit