The real facts about Islam

by Rex B13 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Forget it Seeker,
    You seem intent on critisizing me personally instead of taking the article and discussing Islam and Rushdie's slant. I've already exposed your ignorance and intentional slander of Christianity numerous times yet you continue to compare apples and oranges. People like you and Norm are on my case, personally, no matter what I post.
    I'm done with you both.

Sorry, Rex, this isn't about you, but about your actions. You could always learn from your mistakes if you chose to, but you continue to filter the world through your narrow vision. You did it as a JW, and you do it now as a Baptist. I have not slandered Christianity, but merely showed how your complaints against "Islam" are just as simplistic as similar complaints against Christianity. To condemn a modern-day Christian just because of the atrocities extremist Christians caused in the Middle Ages would be just as simplistic as what you are doing to modern-day Muslims, most of whom (as Rushdie says) are not in favor of these extremist Muslims.

I'm not on your case no matter what. Merely when you get things wrong. The fact that you get many things wrong is something for you to work on, not me. The way you mis-read this article is merely symptomatic of your thought process. You work from a foundation of bias and proceed from there. I am not biased toward Islam any more than I am biased toward Christianity. No religion is particularly of interest to me, but if I have reason to hate one religion above all it would be Islam (for reasons that have nothing to do with 9/11, are personal to me, and are nobody's business). Despite this, I can read an article and pull out from it the salient facts. You miss the facts and then get angry when I point this out to you. You pretend this is a personal attack, when you know very well that I have nothing against you personally, and even have a kind of affection for you.

No matter how many times you twist my motives, I will be here, standing up for accuracy.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>No matter how many times you twist my motives, I will be here, standing up for accuracy.

Your 'accuracy' is what fits your world-view. You seem to be the self-appointed fill in for Alan F. No one has to 'twist your motives' for they are often transparent. You still haven't, nor did Rushdie, address the Jihad. You still haven't withdrawn you ludiocrous comparison of Christ's teachings with Mohammed's caravan robbing, murder and conquest.
    Rex

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Bridgette,

I'm interested in what we can constructively DO. So, I ask again, how can we, the average Joe Blow world citizen foster secularism in the middle east?

http://www.rawa.org is looking for "non-fundamentalist" books of all kinds, preferably in Farsi, but English will do.

GentlyFeral

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Your 'accuracy' is what fits your world-view.

As is true of you as well, and every other human on earth.

You seem to be the self-appointed fill in for Alan F.

Damn! And here I thought I was a free moral agent, when all along I'm just filling in for my teammate!

Still seeing the world in terms of teams, eh Rex? Us-versus-Them? Black-and-White thinking?

No one has to 'twist your motives' for they are often transparent.

OK, if they are that transparent, what are my motives? (Let's see if you can avoid twisting them in your explanation)

You still haven't, nor did Rushdie, address the Jihad.

Jihad is as wrong as were the Crusades.

You still haven't withdrawn you ludiocrous comparison of Christ's teachings with Mohammed's caravan robbing, murder and conquest.

See previous statement, and you'll understand why.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Gently Feral,
    Thank you for the link. I have not visited rawa for quite some time. I'll be going to Amazon dot com with credit card in hand! I also wrote my congressman yesterday, urging him to ensure that the powers that be place women's human rights on the forefront of any would be negotiations with either, the Taliban, or whatever government will be left to rule that devastated country. I don't want those poor women going from the frying pan into the fire.
    Anyway, thank you also for another useful site you pointed me towards (arachnia's). I've enjoyed it over there.
    Trying to be part of the solution,
    Bridgette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit