How Do We Respond to the WTS on the UN?

by hawkaw 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DIM
    DIM

they cannot justify this course of action and will do anything to shut people up - see BADWILLIE's story. they are trying to destroy his life.

• mommy
    mommy

I think there is another course that the WTBTS is taking, and that is that the criteria had changed. I know that when I called Brooklyn, Bryce tried to feed me this line. I of course knew more about the situation than he did, and stopped him in his tracks. Of course a faithful dub would take their word for it, if they tried this tactic as well.

I feel what needs to be done to expose them are several things. First show proof that on the application only 3 points of interest are required, the WTBTS chose to include 6. Also what about the signature requirements? If there was a signature required, and on the current application there is, we have them for outright lieing!

Also they may have wanted to "spin" that only the boys in writing knew about this, we know that this is not true. This proof needs to get out so they cannot use this excuse as well.

They upheld their end of the requirements for being "a mouthpiece for the UN" by publicising their activities. Perhaps with a bit of effort we can actually be privy to the annual reports filed by the WTBTS. Expose the UN as not investigating their NGO's and force them to reveal the reports. I know a good reporter would be able to find a way to make those records public.

Another point I want to make and they cannot hide from is their stand of being no part of the world. How many JW's refuse to donate to charities, or become part of organizations such as YMCA, even the PTA is "discouraged" To find out that the governing body was aware of an association wiht the UN, will surely stumble many members.

I use my mom as a prime example, at first she said it was "ok" for them to be associated so that they can further their work. Of course she is not aware of all that is involved in becoming and maintaining NGO status. When she found out their name was no longer on the list, her reply was almost ecstatic, she replied,"See it must have been a mistake!"

In short, if we aren't able to publicly get out the lies they will try to say. Such as a signature not being required and only using it for the purpose of a library card, then we are doing no good. Even the fact that the criteria has not changed, the R&F need to know this. Or Brooklyn needs to know we know.

wendy(rambled sorry)

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks to all - I am making up a Q & A for my reporters wrt to these issues.

If you got more to offer, offer it.

Dino,

I don't care if it a rumor or not tell us now what you know so I can prepae for it with the press.

hawk

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

The sad truth is, most of the rank and file will swallow anything they offer.
    However, the truth remains: They practiced blatant double standards here. Not just innocent double standards--ones that have gotten people killed (i.e. 25 cent political cards in Malawi). Why couldn't the brothers vote for so many years? Wouldn't that have assisted in helping the brothers gain freedoms?
    And as far as their education work: Like any good charitable organization, I would like to see them offer PROOF of what they teach. That the governments are minions of Satan (ESP the UN). That women are second class citizens. That about 6 billion people will die, unless they are baptized Jehovah's Witnesses. This is not education. It is propoganda.
    period.

Bridgette

• Dino
    Dino

Hi Hawk. I had a mole contact the society asking for an explanation of the UN mess. I should have proof monday/tuesday(letter from society), but initial indications are that the boys in Brooklyn are in this particular case saying that the "apostates" signed them up with the UN unbeknownst to the society! What a load of crap! I strongly suspect that they tailor responses to the tenor of the one writing. When I have proof we will need to compare various letters to show/prove duplicity. Once again, when I have proof, I will take steps to contact you personally to orchestrate things. Hang in there as this could get more interesting. Dino

• Dino
    Dino

Hawk, just wanted to add that we have a mutual friend who will put me through to you quickly. Ciao for now, Dino

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Dino,

Thanks. I am asking htese questions because the press will be getting these answers. The WTS will have some trouble using that arguement you mentioned of course with the press because they have to fill out an annual accreditation form and provide copies of their work etc. and oh yeah, Paul Gillies, WTS PR spokesman admitted to the "membership" in his Oct. 22, 2001 letter to the Guardian and I think there was also an admission to the Portugal newspaper as well.

Bridgette and others - Yes I know the R & F will swallow anything but so will th elamestream press if we don't have the facts to smack their "spin" in the toilet. That is what saved us with the Guardian and why the Guardian did not publish the Gillies letter. This isn't about the R & F, this is about getting the story out in the press for the rest of the public to see.

Hi Wendy - I just wanted to tell you that I think there are 6 good reasons including the Hoeffel letter that covers the previous criteria issue. Thus, in the eyes of the press it is a no brainer but would be bad if the WTS went down that route. As for your mom and how she is approaching it, thanks.

Again, thanks to all who have commented.

hawk

• battman
    battman

The cover up is almost always worse
    than the original crime. Sounds like
    the GB, FDS etc is pretty cluless as
    to the power we hold a/k/a "internet"

we can out publish them a billion times
    over. we can out research them and
    certainly out think them and do not have
    to try and cover our tracks and reinvent
    the past.

the WTS culture has been one of "we can
    say, print, preach any darn thing we want
    and since this is God's word we are invinceble!

No longer true for sure but will take time for
    \the culture to change unless a Lee Iacocco
    type takes over. The committee form of mgt
    only leads to stagnation. Maybe a spilt is in
    the future.

To all posters, keep on researching, posting
    we have the advantage and power. hehe

battman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit