Little flag, big stink... you won't believe this.

by Wasanelder Once 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

So, on my Youtube page there is the personal profile. In this profile you state your sex, national location... country etc. I had Botswana on there for a joke, who gives a rats butt anyway? Recently I changed it to the U.S.. When I did that, the nondescript dot next to Botswana changed to a little U.S. Flag per country affiliation. This is a pinsized little flag and serves no purpose other than to identify the country of origin. So, I got a nasty call from a friend who is still an active witness who is upset that I put a U.S. flag on my page. (This is my personal page and not my Truthbookblue page.) I couldn't believe the stupidity of these people. I made clear what had happened and the threat of taking me to the elders was averted. Now that's fanaticism don't you agree? So glad I don't hang out with these people any more. W.Once

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Are you still in the cong.? Did you counsel the person who made the stink that that kind of wild eyed craziness reflected badly on the organization and made him personally seem a bit unhinged? If still active in the org., could you go to the elders and (not naming names) ask if they think that this kind of knee jerk reaction might be a reflection of some unhealthy things happening (at least at the congregational level)? Because-that's messed UP.

Shelly

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ask this "friend" whether it's acceptable to use US-Flag postage stamps on their mail. Can a JW conscientiously affix that symbol of allegiance to a letter without indicating their allegiance to this republic and all for which it stands?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Actually, I can believe it......

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Strain the gnat and gulp down the camel, I swear some JWs get in a tizzy over the smallest of things.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

My good friend is a jw and was acosted by a few of her jw acquaintances (can't really call them friends) because a few of our friends wished her happy birthday on her myspace page. They told her people might get the wrong impression. She said she wasn't going to be rude to those people, that some just didn't know the ways of the religion. I can only hope she has seen a small glimmer of light at the end of a dark tunnel.

Good topic Once Was!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

No, not active, way off the radar. Unlike the conditional love of the "True Christian" brothers, I am still a good friend to those who I have valued and I believe value me. I am three years dead inactive. This friend is a half-assed witnoid and the kind who waits on every word they hear looking for the "Day and the Hour" announcement. These sort of people are hard to shake. There's no fear here. The local elders fear me because I was in their midsts at one time and know their bull---. I could make them all look like turds scripturally. I can talk rings around their myopic views. They are uneducated and idolized me before I took the big walk. They keep their distance. This just made me realize how far from reality these people, and myself once, are. Sheesh! Thanks for your replys. W.Once

• loosie
    loosie

LMBO

Hey was that mole on your hand kinda looks like an american flag to me I think I am gonna turn you in if you don't remove it from your hand.

OMG they are so stupid.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am waiting for someone to rip me a new one for having a canadian national flag sticker on my vehicle....... which BTW was manufactured in canada......

what a burden to have to keep track of the comings and goings of people trying to have an ordinary life....

maybe there is a "need" for more meetings..... or more field service to channel that zeal

• changeling
    changeling

Yeah, I believe it. I knew many people just like your "friend".

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit