Apostate Bible studies?

by darkuncle29 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I've had this idea for a few days, just mulling how to flesh it out if you will. It may not be a new idea, but I'll try to get it out coherently.

Lets say there is a guy, he's a JW but has been surfing the net and knows now that the WTS is bogus. He can't just leave, he has family-wife and young children who are in the Borg. What if, he found online another apostate in his area, and the plan is, to have this apostate pretend to be his very interested bible study. The JWs whole family can "study" with the student, and the experienced apostate/student could ask very thought provoking questions. Perhaps at some point the bible study progresses to the point of coming to sunday meetings.

The whole point of the bible study is to get the JWs family out, and possibly any JW bystanders from the hall.

So, has this sort of thing been done already, and has it been posted about here or elsewhere? What are the benefits/drawbacks of this sort of plan?

• DT
    DT

Good idea. I've ever heard of anyone doing it, but I don't see why it couldn't work. If I ever move out of my area and am offered a bible study by a JW, I might accept for the opportunity to antiwitness.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

So you think it could work. Ithink the hard part would be eventually going back to meetings, even though you know its not for real, just being there could be so draining. Also I tend to have a very poor poker face, I don't know if I could pull it off. There are some people here though who I think would be great at this.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Excellent plan.

Len

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Excellent idea! I think that this would be a most effective strategy to combat the insidiousness of the WTS. We could have a network of apostate Bible students across the country! It could only be undertaken by the staunchest most anti-Borg ex-JWs, preferably singles or childless couples (or at least couples with adult children). Think about it guys -- we'd be helping to deliver a family from the clutches of the Borg! Instead of being Dubs, we'll be DABS (Darkuncle's Apostate Bible Students)! It could work!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Downside - lying to your family. While they MAY appreciate that you had to do this to get them out, they may also resent it.

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

But you must remember the JWs mentality. They will flee if anyone tries to plant a doubt in their minds.

It won't be so smooth sailing as you wish. They may advise you to stop studying with this fella. If you insist, they may just simply refuse to sit in during the study. Or they may inform the elders. The elders may tell you to pass over this study to them. And after some time, they will just stop the study with him...

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm

How I helped my Family Leave Jehovah's Witnesses

(anonymous)

Foreword: The following account is provided in the interest of those who face the dilemma of wanting to leave the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses known as the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society. I was involved with the organization for nearly 27 years from December 1968 through July 1995. I was active for a total of 25 years. I served in various congregational positions including Elder. In my active evangelizing for the Watch Tower Society I helped a total of 15 people become Jehovah’s Witnesses including my four children. (continued)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I can't imagine anything more hideous. Too much like the old days and Bible study. I would say, just leave it alone, and get on with your life.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Its well worth a try, if you can stand doing it.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit