BIZARRE TRANSFORMATION: Russell into RUTHERFORD..beware the Judge!

by Terry 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Terry
    Terry

What about Clayton J. Woodworth? He seems to have had a deep fascination with "Negroes."

I have a hunch the blood transfusion ban was born out of his fear of Whites being tainted with "Negro" blood.

The men who clustered around Rutherford were odd ducks, weren't they? I wonder if they were that different from mainstream white men at the time?

The turn of the century brought such changes to society there must have been a lot of disaffected good old boys angry about uppity women and blacks who crawled out of the woodwork to make their views known through channels such as the Watchtower provided.

Those older books and magazines are quite fascinating in a train wreck sort of way, psychologically.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Interesting Terry, I look forward to reading what you have...

Russel poisoned? Is there anything to that or just an offshoot of the legend tree? I guess it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't identify the killer, but it would add another layer of suspicion on the Judge Ruthie's legal wranglings at the time of Russel's death.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Those older books and magazines are quite fascinating in a train wreck sort of way, psychologically

Aren't they, though? I noticed with amusement Woodworth's references to Charles Schwab of Bethlehem Steel and how he was ousted due to dereliction of duty.

Wouldn't it be somewhat ironic if the WT is doing as the ad for Charles Schwab suggests - "Asking Chuck"?

Truth is indeed stranger than fiction sometimes.

Sylvia

• Terry
    Terry

Russel poisoned? Is there anything to that or just an offshoot of the legend tree? I guess it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't identify the killer, but it would add another layer of suspicion on the Judge Ruthie's legal wranglings at the time of Russel's death.

I can't say much. A private collector of Russell memorabilia who does not want to be identified is said to possess concrete evidence of foul play.

This dovetails into other information about Russell discovering an investment of his--a gold mine--was a fraudulent representation which he investigated and threatened to shut down. It is purported that the gold mine fellas were not happy. Arsenic, they say, is used in such mining operations.

Is any of this provable? Heck, not without the actual documents!

Speculations over the death of famous people are never in short supply.

What I have been told is from those whom I'd trust as reliable. But--I've seen nothing myself.

So, there you have it. Not much.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Well the Witness's are nothing more than a sect pure plain and simple, they broke off from the Bible Students. If there was anything you ever liked about the witness's well you can still find it with the Bible Students only they don't use draconian ways to control you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit