Dinosaurs

by tank 16 Replies latest jw friends

• tank
    tank

Has the watchtower ever published anything about Dinosaurs? Just wondering since it doesn't fit with the creation time table.

• Gerard
    Gerard

They have this piece in their web site. They do not mention dinosaurs but say that that "all" life forms just 'appeared' on Earth, complete and simultaneously - creationist theory.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040622/article_02.htm

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

There was an Awake! about Dinos at least. I can't remember what it said, though. Had a nice picture of one on the cover, IIRC.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Wow - thanks for that link, Gerard. Reading it now, it's rather 'shocking'. I once believed everything they wrote, and thought it well researched. Reading this now... It's the same ID and creationist arguments every other religion uses. Even use them as sources. Kinda... dissapointing to see. Kinda makes me sad, actually. Although at this point I shouldn't be suprised. Just been a while since I last read the WTS's 'scientific' articles.

• inkling
    inkling

The Awake article was Feb 8th 1990.

As a kid, I leapt for joy when it came in the mail because -get this- before reading the Awake article my
    mom flat out refused to believe in dinosaurs.

Yeah, she said she thought they were all a hoax.

After the Awake came out with "permission" from the F+DS to believe in them, we started going to
    dino museums and the like.

JWs, being Old-Earth creationists don't actually have a problem with the dinosaurs living
    (ahem) THOUSANDS of years before humans. There is the lingering question of WHY god would
    create a entire ecosystem just to destroy it before creating another...

(Personally, my favorite theory is that god is a kid playing in a sandbox with his legos.)

ah, here we go:

The

GenesisAccountandDinosaurs

While the radioactive dating method is innovative, it is still based on speculation and assumption. In contrast, the Bible account in the first chapter of Genesis simply states the general order of creation. It allows for possibly thousands of millions of years for the formation of the earth and many millenniums in six creative eras, or "days," to prepare the earth for human habitation.

Some dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) may indeed have been created in the fifth era listed in Genesis, when the Bible says that God made "flying creatures" and "great sea monsters." Perhaps other types of dinosaurs were created in the sixth epoch. The vast array of dinosaurs with their huge appetites would have been appropriate considering the abundant vegetation that evidently existed in their time.—Genesis 1:20-24.

When the dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. But the Bible is silent on how he did that or when. We can be sure that dinosaurs were created by Jehovah for a purpose, even if we do not fully understand that purpose at this time. They were no mistake, no product of evolution. That they suddenly appear in the fossil record unconnected to any fossil ancestors, and also disappear without leaving connecting fossil links, is evidence against the view that such animals gradually evolved over millions of years of time. Thus, the fossil record does not support the evolution theory. Instead, it harmonizes with the Bible’s view of creative acts of God.

So there you have it. The earth, when created perfectly, came out a big too green and bushy for little bitty humans, so the dinos had to come and chomp up the overgrowth to prepare the planet for humans. (notice, the dinos are not allowed to chomp EACH OTHER, becuase that would be the eating of meat before mankinds "Fall", which is not allowed. Bad Dinos. How dare you eat each other in DIRECT conflict with the Bible! Read the instruction manual! Use your big nasty teeth to eat that apple.) [inkling]

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

My JW bud said they just disappeared one day. Why can't HE make a virus disappear as well. For that matter why did He make it appear in the first place?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    Why can't HE make a virus disappear as well.

Well, it's obvious; viruses haven't served their purpose yet.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Lie:

The dinosaurs do NOT just appear with no indication of ancestry. The WT just uses the lame rules of evidence used by the young earth creationist.

Whenever a midpoint development is found, they immediately create another gap on each side. Until each gap is filled - NO PROOF.

Of course we are expected to gulp down their excrement unchallenged.

HB

The Dinos also prove that the calims of a disease free world created by Jehoobie before Adam is FALSE.

T -Rex had arthritis, as did other critters. WHY?

• inkling
    inkling
    T -Rex had arthritis, as did other critters. WHY?

oooo, nice. I hadn't heard that one.

[ink]

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

There has also been found deep bite marks and marks made by horns in various dino fossils, pointing to a carnivorous diet for some of them.

-Unless of course the T-Rex had so bad eyesight it bit a Triceratops mistaking it for a tree branch. "Mmmm.... tree branch... yummy! - - - Oops - sorry!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit